Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the xterra doesn't come with an ashtray or a cigarette lighter. not that i smoke or anything.....and i understand the x is marketed to active people who tend not to smoke....but what happens when you need a lighter to light that huge ass fire cracker you have in your hand?!

lol we had to stop by a gas station to buy a lighter....

·
on line
1,792 Posts
I guess jumping out and holding the firecracker fuse up against the catalytic converter would be a bit impractical.

But on the reals, I carry all kinds of lighters and matches, even a magnifying glass for any emergency. And I have a portable ashtray for my friends who smoke (outside the X) and need a place to put the butts other than the Mojave desert.

·
on line
294 Posts
nissan stopped putting cig lighters and ashtrays in their vehicles as stock as number of years ago (my dad's 98 sentra had a plug over the lighter hole) and made it an option instead. so did a number of other car makers. i'm assuming this was a way to cut costs and promote healthier living standards that started up in the late 90's (when people largely started seeing smoking as unhealthy).

you can get the smoker's kit (cig lighter and ashetray that fits in your cupholder) at the dealer or on some of the parts websites.

·
on line
559 Posts
I believe you can get a smoker's kit which is an ash tray that goes in a cupholder and a lighter thingy that goes in a 12v socket.

·
on line
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow....smokers package.....this is getting out of hand.

did you guys know that a lot of the new toyota yaris's are sold with no stereo at all?

it's just a blank plastic panel where the stereo should be. one of the owners told me the stereo package would cost ~$1,000....i don't know how accurate that is though.

the yaris is already pre-wired for a stereo, has speakers installed, and has an antenna. all you need is a dash kit, a matching wiring harness, and a fuse. roughly $250 installed at a shop for a decent HU.

·
on line
192 Posts
johnlam940 said:
wow....smokers package.....this is getting out of hand.

did you guys know that a lot of the new toyota yaris's are sold with no stereo at all?

it's just a blank plastic panel where the stereo should be. one of the owners told me the stereo package would cost ~$1,000....i don't know how accurate that is though.

the yaris is already pre-wired for a stereo, has speakers installed, and has an antenna. all you need is a dash kit, a matching wiring harness, and a fuse. roughly $250 installed at a shop for a decent HU.
My sisters Geo Metro came without a stereo back in the day. Very strange stuff from car manufacturers, but they are probably all trying to make the car as cheap as possible.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
i wish the X came with out a stereo and a $1000 cheaper. I put my own in after 5 months anyway :geek:

·
on line
144 Posts
+1 me too, all the stock stereo parts are gone from my Xterra. I'm not even using any of the stock wiring. Could have used that $1000 to pay for my NAV unit!

·
on line
335 Posts
I have a Kia Rio (my commuter car) that I bought last year that has no stereo, no A/C, no power windows or locks, no power steering, and a manual transmission....I think it may be the most bare bones vehicle you can currently buy...basicly just an engine and wheels...

·
on line
638 Posts
We have a 1993 Toyota pickup for a farm truck that has the 22R 4 cyl, 5 speed manual, no power steering, no radio, no speakers, no antenna, no a/c, no sideview mirror on the passenger side, and no rear bumper. To relate it to this thread, it doesn't have a cigarette lighter OR any type of electrical outlet, period!! How's that for bare bones!?

·
on line
4,495 Posts
I used to work at a dealership when I was in high school, worked on the GM side. They sold fleet cars to the onsite Enterprise rental company, the el cheapo was a Geo Metro. Those things were worthless! I didn't know it didn't have power brakes the first time I had to wash one...drove that thing right into the side of the wash bay. It was destined to be a rental, that was probably the lighest abuse it would see. :)

The smoking package is crap, complete crap. Just go buy a multipack of lighters from the gas station and keep them in the trucj, waaaay cheaper.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts