Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have read here and on other forums about squeaks and where they are coming from for quite some time. So when my ’06 with 3,000 miles on it developed a squeak I checked the usual things and none of them worked, but while adjusting the hood stops I made them a little too long and the hood wouldn’t close. While gently trying to get the hood to close I heard the squeak. I opened the hood back up and hit the core support a few time with my hand and tracked down the squeak to a loose fuse box. Since I have not seen this item squeaking in the past I figured I would let everyone know.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Great find... good job

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Great Find! I am actually going out to the garage to see if that is what is squeaking on my X. I just noticed the squeek this weekend after some hard wheeling. It is coming from the right front somewhere.

I'll let you know if thats the "squeek".

·
on line
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xterra4me said:
What did you do to remedy it?

Good catch!
I took it to the dealer. The last think I want to hear is that since I tried to fix something they won't fix something under warranty. But all the "bill" said was that it was re installed and there were no new parts used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts