Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
USMC helped me, helped...........More or less he did all of the wiring for my two offroad headlights. I never claimed to know anything about electrical. He did a totaly proffesional job and was a good teacher the whole way explaining all the whys and whats. Ill take photos with the thing all lit up at night tomorrow when i leave work. I work late!

Standing ontop of both bumpers

dAYSTAR VS THE cAMPANA LIFT

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
Hey dude!! Photo's look better when you can see them.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
My point, it only takes 1 3/4 pints...he couldn't have been 2 pints low unless his diff was in some form of vacume. :)

I am sure it was just a typo on his part.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I was considering what Amsoil has on their site, that is what I been going by. They say it takes 1.9, which = about a Qt in my book. Mine was a little less than a pt low, as in I had say 60% full, MCampana had about 85%. I'll have to look at a chart that converts Mil to pts. Heck low is low, I fill it until it starts to drip and it's full to me. I still have contents of the front in a Zip lock bag I can get more exact. I guess point is check em.
CAPACITIES
Engine, with filter..........5.4 quarts[1]
Cooling System, Initial Fill..........11.0 quarts
Automatic Transmission, Total Fill
5 speed RE5R05A..........11.0 quarts
Manual Transmission, 2WD..........8.4 pints
Manual Transmission, 4WD..........8.7 pints
Differential, Front..........1.9 pints
Differential, C200 Rear..........3.4 pints
Differential, M226 Rear..........4.2 pints
Transfer Case,..........4.2 pints

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The 1 3/4 pints is from the Service Manual. The 0.15 pints isn't going to make much difference, so the Amsoil number would be fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts