Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent another load of dough on my X with Jim. He really doesnt have anything else i can buy now. Along with the front bumper and sliders i ordered two weeks ago. I just called him and ordered the rear bumper with tire rack and jack mount...........and all the skids i need. AM I RETARDED OR WHAT?!!!!!!!! No offense to the retarded folk of the world.

I cant get this photo to be my avatar by the way....any help? But that dudes face pretty much is how i feel at the moment.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
It's not money wasted as long as you get out and use your equipment you purchased.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
As long as it makes you happy thats all that matters.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
use the url link off of whatever photo hosting site you use. You can't upload directly to the new x

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Rob you have no idea how many times I say "I would rather be a smart ass than a dumbass" a day.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
You are no more crazy then the rest of us. I am shrocked out and although the purchase didn't come in a 2 week span, it came over a couple month span for me.

·
on line
45 Posts
I spent $400 on a sleeping bag today...Feeling any better?

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok John........i do feel better now, thanks for that insight. HA! I guess we have to spend what we do on this stuff since we are all so into it. Id hope that sleeping bag is something rated to like 30 below zero! Or is it the kind you sleep in hanging from a mountain side?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
My most expensive bag is -20 and it ran be a tad over $300.

It seems I have expensive hobbies and I tend not to buy crappy products to support them. :)

·
on line
45 Posts
That's right! It's a -20 below bag with a special material that is both waterproof and breathable. Oh boy do I sound like a tech nerd...

Although that's why I love you guys- I can read through all these posts and where any "normal person" would be like "man, he knows entirely too much about (fill in the blank) and paid entirely to much for (...)", I can relate and think: "Yeah, that was a hell of an investment on something that will protect your ride!", or "man, why didn't I think of that mod!" :cheers:

·
on line
1,618 Posts
John,
What did you get? Outdoor gear is my life. I run a outdoor retail shop just a few hours north of you, and am surrounded by that stuff day and night. What a wonderful addiction, huh???

·
on line
1,407 Posts
norshor said:
Outdoor gear is my life. What a wonderful addiction, huh???
I have more Mountain Hardware, Arc Teryx, Sierra Designs, MSR, etc stuff than I care to admit.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
mcampana said:
Ok John........i do feel better now, thanks for that insight. HA! I guess we have to spend what we do on this stuff since we are all so into it. Id hope that sleeping bag is something rated to like 30 below zero! Or is it the kind you sleep in hanging from a mountain side?
Another one to make you feel better... i just sold my $4000 downhill bike for $350 only to drop another $1200 on a damn BMX bike.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
syndicate said:
How on earth did you go from $4,000 to $350 and not feel like you just got raped?
6yo bike and no DH market down here in the swamps and way too many ebay headaches... yup, got raped but i hadn't ridden the thing in two years anyway

1 - 20 of 22 Posts