Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...don't know if this has been posted before but I just wanted to post real life, actual, observed and recorded info on the rear axle of the Nissan D44 derivative that is found specificly on an '05 MT OR model Xterra. This was taken by Dave Blakely from his XterraRacer vehicle...I have read a lot of "I was told..." this and "I heard that..." stuff on the axles but we needed absolute certainty as we are entertaining the idea of having a custom spool made for the rear end of the racing X...so here it is...I will post updates as to if we get this spool produced so you can get one yourself (if you wish)

"Dan,
The spline count is 32 on a O.D. of 34.70mm or 1.365in. This mesurement is taken from the axle itself, at the outside tips of the splines, or machined O.D. before splined.
I found a stanard Dana 44 has smaller diameter axles and are only 31 spline. A standard spool could be machined to fit, with use of a ring gear spacer and custom made axles. Then I would be able to use the many different gear options on the market now.
The Nissan D44 has a larger pinion shaft also. Bearing placement is the same on both pinions.
All I know is, I have to make a decission this week!"

·
on line
589 Posts
I'd love to hear updates as this progresses with what companies are being used for work done. Since I have specifically an '05 MT OR model I would totally want to follow some of the mods you considering here.

·
on line
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Erick said:
I'd love to hear updates as this progresses with what companies are being used for work done. Since I have specifically an '05 MT OR model I would totally want to follow some of the mods you considering here.
Will do...will post updates as it comes along here and on the teams home page of www.teamxterraracing.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts