Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are brand new Spencer Low Racing "2 inch" lift shackles. These shackles ended up being a little too short for my liking (looking for a replacement shackle, rashed up the old AC shackles pretty good on the Rubicon). According to my tape measure, these are actually only about 1 and 7/8 of an inch taller than the stock shackles.

They come powdercoated with hardware and poly bushings. They appear to be very well built, and much higher quality than the AC shackles. I think they'd be perfect if you're looking for a mild lift in the rear, maybe to compliment a spacer in the front.

I paid $75 + shipping when I ordered them

I'll sell them for $55, shipping included. Prefer Paypal. These will be shipping from Eugene, Oregon, via UPS ground. Will provide a UPS tracking number to the buyer. Will take first serious post or PM.

Thanks.

·
on line
376 Posts
Are they only 1.75" longer total, or do they provide that much lift? The AC shackles are 3" longer and provide 1.5" lift.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bwarren228 said:
Are they only 1.75" longer total, or do they provide that much lift? The AC shackles are 3" longer and provide 1.5" lift.
I have no idea how much lift they would actually provide, since I didn't install them. SLR sells them as "2 inch lift", but that ain't the case. The bolt eye to bolt eye measurement is a about 1.75 inches longer than the stock shackle measurement.

My AC shackles are actually 4 inches longer than the OE shackles. I'm not sure how much lift I actually got out of them. Calculating "actual" lift doesn't seem to be an exact science among some of the manufacturers (AC and SLR).

My ball park guess would be an inch of lift. They are nice shackles if you're looking for something mild.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
As a general rule of thumb, a shackle with provide half as much lift as it is longer than stock, since it is lifting only one side. Example, a 4" longer than stock shackle should provide about 2" lift. So OregonX is probably right on the money about providing around 1" lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.