Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my X a few weeks ago. Traded it in on a 14 JKU. I will miss this forum very much and all the info and help that has been offered. I loved my Xterra but I needed more back seat room. I found the X at a chevy dealer here in St. Pete if anyone is interested. Link
Thanks again and safe wheeling.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
It's always been bigger than the X as is the cargo area behind seat. Why do people think the X is big?
:bs:

http://www.cars.com/nissan/xterra/2012/specifications

Xterra:

Interior Cargo Volume 36.3 cu.ft.

http://www.cars.com/jeep/wrangler-unlimited/2013/specifications

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited:

Interior Cargo Volume 31.5 cu.ft.

--Seriously man, all you ever do is complain about how much the Xterra sucks compared to Jeeps and Yotas. Why are you here? Sell the thing and move on already.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
:bs:

http://www.cars.com/nissan/xterra/2012/specifications

Xterra:

Interior Cargo Volume 36.3 cu.ft.

http://www.cars.com/jeep/wrangler-unlimited/2013/specifications

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited:

Interior Cargo Volume 31.5 cu.ft.

--Seriously man, all you ever do is complain about how much the Xterra sucks compared to Jeeps and Yotas. Why are you here? Sell the thing and move on already.

Are those numbers for the storage area in the back? I know these aren't the real numbers, but think about this. Just say the back storage area is about 4'x3'x3' that's close to reasonable, right? That would give you 36 cubic feet.. So I don't think that's talking about the room in the back seat. Just the storage behind the back seat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
822 Posts
The wheel wells in the rear seats on the X take up about 9-10 inches of seat width compared to the jeep. Total cargo capacity with rear seats folded goes to the Jeep by about 5 sqft(strangely it has less than the X with seats up). Those numbers don't take into account the cage inside so really its about the same anyway you cut it. Jeep gives you slightly more butt space and about an inch of leg room in the rear but that depends on the size of the driver and where they have the front seat. Total area is just about the same with each grabbing an inch on the other here or there. That is with a hardtop, soft top is a whole different animal.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The back seats are easier to get in by far, they also have more leg room. The rear area is about the same size. Here are a few pics so you can see what its like. Sorry the pictures are dark, black interior.

Rear seat legroom.

Rear seating area width.

From tailgate to the back of the front seat with rear seat folded down.

Now lets not fight about it anymore. I loved my Xterra, I miss it something fierce, but I wanted a new Jeep so I got one. lol.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Congrats on the Jeep. One question on the cargo area ... if you were to put the rear seats down, is the resultant platform flat? If you also put the front seats all the way forwards, how much space is available; assuming you fill the rear foot wells and extend the rear cargo platform?

I'm 6'4" ... with the rear seat bottoms out of the vehicle, and the front seat forwards, I can sleep in the back of the X by adding an 8-gal Action Packer to extend the rear platform ... AND: I don't have to go diagonal to do it (you other tall guys know what I'm talking about). Would something similar be feasible with the JKU?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Since you had an Xterra til recently, how does the Jeep's highway driving experience compare to the X?

The back seats are easier to get in by far, they also have more leg room. The rear area is about the same size. Here are a few pics so you can see what its like. Sorry the pictures are dark, black interior.

Now lets not fight about it anymore. I loved my Xterra, I miss it something fierce, but I wanted a new Jeep so I got one. lol.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
The back doors of the Xterra are a little hard for the kids to get in and out of. So I bought the wife a 4 dr. 4x4 Fronty, kept the X for myself. Problem solved.

The vehicle before the X was a Jeep. One Lemon was enough.

·
Registered
51 Posts
OP is talking about leg room in the back, not cargo room. The Jeep is more roomy in the back seats. Cargo area is pretty similar; the difference in cubic feet is probably due to the roll bar.

OP- I actually looked at your ex-X at the Chevy dealership a couple of weeks ago. It looked good with the lift, 33's, and sliders. When I fired it up, the battery and brake lights were intermittently flashing. I saw the holes drilled in the plastic panel in the rear and the fuse block cover. Figured a sub install, but then I saw the hole in the dash for a switch and the red diff cover. Made me suspect an air locker install that was removed prior to selling. Between that and the dash lights blinking, it scared me off. I bought my 2011 Pro-4X a few days later, but now I need to add the sliders, lift and tires. If I had seen this thread before, I could have asked you about it and probably would have bought it.

Congrats on your Jeep purchase. I strongly considered one, but my wife felt that the interior was too utilitarian for a kid hauler.

·
Registered
223 Posts
A Jeep Wrangler Unlimited ( Four door model) JK is the designation for the current generation, Unlimited is the 4 door.

Congrats on the Jeep. They are a nice vehicle (when they work, which I hope yours does without fault) They are also way cheeper to mod.

And just because you got a Jeep, doesnt mean you have to ditch us!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts