Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
:laughing6: sorry that was my inner geek speaking, Ubuntu and Freebsd, are opensource distros (operating systems, ie.. Windows, Leopard, etc) but hey are totally free and a litle bit more secure( well a lot more secure). Here is ubuntus site http://www.ubuntu.com/ they are starting to sell Dell's and IBM's with this pre-loaded

·
on line
3,272 Posts
i can't recall but did you make sure to destroy the existing partitions? it is really worth it to just do it again if you can't be certain. people can find a lot of interesting stuff on hard drives not formatted properly.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Well, if you pop in the cd, you should get a blue screen I believe with grey fonts or vice versa that will ask you where you want to install the windows operating system. I believe you can select the C drive or you can highlight the C drive and then hit the "D" button to delete the partition. After you delete it you should be able to create a new partition with the default value and then install the operating system on that drive.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Swing away homie. Good luck and post back if you're stuck. No harm will come if you leave your PC in that state for a bit so you can get advice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.