Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are junkardy LCAs modified by MWH Fabrication here in Eugene, Oregon. One of the arms came off of a '06 Nismo Frontier that rolled (really not damaged that bad) and an '05 Xterra that looks like it was hit in the rear quarter panel. As far as ball joint life, the Frontier had 9K on it and the Xterra had 23K.

As you can see, the sway bar mount brackets have been cut off for slightly improved ground clearance. The fab shop welded a 3/8 (!!) skid plate to the bottom. I was just going to recommend 1/4 but overkill is the name of the game at this shop. You can also see that the factory bump stops were removed and replaced with a large air bump striker plate.

These have been sitting on my floor since I got them back from the shop. I never installed them because I was waiting around until I ordered my air bumps and got my cans welded in. It looks like it's Titan swap time for me, so I need Titan LCAs.

I'm going to sell these for $185 (as a pair), shipping included to the lower 48. Will be shipping via UPS from Eugene, Oregon. Will provide tracking #. Paypal preferred. We can also set this up as an Ebay transaction if you prefer. I've got a 100% rating.

Let me know if you have any questions. If you're wondering, I paid $150 for the arms and $110 for the fab work (cheap!), so with shipping included I'll be at a pretty good loss. Will take first PM or post, and will likely cross-post on Clubfrontier.

Thanks.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright... I dropped the price down $50 to $185 (see original post). Shipping still included.

If no takers I'll probably be giving them to a friend of mine. Although, he has an OR model and hasn't really modded it much, so I'm not convinced he'll actually use them...

·
on line
4 Posts
How much are you selling them for, 185? And real quick, what is the advantage of using these as opposed to stock ones?

·
on line
2,004 Posts
These are bought off a junkyard. Fabbed up a skit plate for it. and now selling it. that's all

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Webfur said:
These are bought off a junkyard. Fabbed up a skit plate for it. and now selling it. that's all
Pretty much.

Well... almost. It's important to note that the OE rubber bumpstop has been removed and replaced with a striker plate for air bumps, so you need to be prepared to weld in some cans and install air bumps when you bolt these on.

Example;

·
on line
2,070 Posts
Eddo wants to buy my old LCA to build up this way. You might want to PM Eddo and seen if he just wants to buy your LCA's.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
How much are we talking for air bumps like these? Do you need a special kit like the "now defunct" SLR or can they just be ran with the PRG lift. Those look wicked cool!

·
on line
3,218 Posts
EDDIE- Jan 16 2008 12:05 PM

Hey now... I only wear those thongs on the beach!

LOL... Im leaving tonight, and will be gone for a month, but the camping trip the weekend of the 15th, or 16th or whatever sounds cool.
*off Myspace

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Okay.... this is the first time I could get on the computer in a couple of weeks....

I know you guys miss me dink !!!!!

Anyway.. I will take them off your hands. BUT I wont be able to send you the money untill I get back into town. This is just the type of thing I was hoping to do with the lowers I was going to score from Boon! This saves me the trouble of having to fab the stuff up myself (I havent even opened my welding machine yet), or pay someone else to do it for me.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
S_e_X-Terra said:
Okay.... this is the first time I could get on the computer in a couple of weeks....

I know you guys miss me dink !!!!!

Anyway.. I will take them off your hands. BUT I wont be able to send you the money untill I get back into town. This is just the type of thing I was hoping to do with the lowers I was going to score from Boon! This saves me the trouble of having to fab the stuff up myself (I havent even opened my welding machine yet), or pay someone else to do it for me.
No problem. They're yours. I'll hold on to 'em until you get back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.