Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Interesting... Thanks for the response. I wonder if HD springs or titan sway bar would fix the body roll issue on the cheap. I'm curious to see if your opinion changes when you down grade to the 1".

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Installed Energy Suspension 4.5in Bump Stops last night to replace the OME rear bump stops. Sadly these still are not enough to stop before my rear shocks will full compress. I will have to take it easy until I get a block fabricated to go between the frame and bump stop. I will post pictures tonight.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Got new Hankook Dynapro MT's @ 285/70/17. Removed my 2" Daystar Star spacer and put in a 1" spacer to level out the front and not have coil bucket contact. I now have 1/4 of space between coil bucket and UCA at full droop. Did some light flex testing up front and my tires bent my front fender... I will be getting out the dremel on Friday and cutting my fenders unless someone else has a better idea. I plan to do what these guys did >>follow the link>> Fender Trimming

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Fender Trimming

Trimmed my fenders over the weekend because I smashed my fenders after some flexing. Turned out great, used 4 Dremel metal cutting blades per side.

Sketching out the trimming

Almost done.

Trimmed out, went back with a sanding tip to fine touch the ends.

$11 Door trim I put on the edge with silicon sealant.

Finished product.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Interesting... Thanks for the response. I wonder if HD springs or titan sway bar would fix the body roll issue on the cheap. I'm curious to see if your opinion changes when you down grade to the 1".
With bringing my front end down and getting new tires the TJM MD’s felt better. Did some off-roading this weekend and started liking the TJM's more. They did an amazing job at soaking up the potholes and rocks, even did great flexing. I do fear that they might not hold up when I start adding armor down the road. By the time I start adding weight I hope Nisstec comes out with a titan swap option or maybe I will try TJM HD's.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
With bringing my front end down and getting new tires the TJM MD’s felt better. Did some off-roading this weekend and started liking the TJM's more. They did an amazing job at soaking up the potholes and rocks, even did great flexing. I do fear that they might not hold up when I start adding armor down the road. By the time I start adding weight I hope Nisstec comes out with a titan swap option or maybe I will try TJM HD's.
I have the MD's with a shrock front and rear bumper and sliders. They feel great even with the extra weight. I prefer a slightly softer ride anyways over super stiff, but they still are fairly stiff. The only thing that sucks is I'm just not getting as much lift as I would like. I have the 1" top plate spacer on, but I wish it were a tad higher. When I am fully skid'd and have a winch on the front I will most likely switch to the HD springs.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I have the MD's with a shrock front and rear bumper and sliders. They feel great even with the extra weight. I prefer a slightly softer ride anyways over super stiff, but they still are fairly stiff. The only thing that sucks is I'm just not getting as much lift as I would like. I have the 1" top plate spacer on, but I wish it were a tad higher. When I am fully skid'd and have a winch on the front I will most likely switch to the HD springs.
I fear having too soft of a spring with my Titan swap would amplify the body roll more than what I already have with no sway bars. Having a stiff setup is safer for me.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I fear having too soft of a spring with my Titan swap would amplify the body roll more than what I already have with no sway bars. Having a stiff setup is safer for me.
right, you would want stiffer springs if you aren't using a sway bar. I ran no sway bar for a bit with my MD springs, but there was too much body roll so I put the sway bar back on. The HD springs would be much better for you.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Hey, quick question for you about the fender trim. How exactly did you re-attatch the fender liner to the back of the wheel well? Since you cut so much off, you cut all the tabs off for the liner to screw back on. I'm just curious because I cut my fenders as well to run wider wheels, and I did kind of a crappy job and eventually id like to redo it, and i'm probably gonna have to cut off the last screw tab for the liner. Any detailed pics of that would be cool! Thanks!

41 - 60 of 137 Posts