Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm missing something... Where are the pics??
They are posted via Dropbox Public. If you can't see them my Dropbox daily transfer could of be maxed out... Or if you are at a work place that blocks dropbox. I can move them to my server if needed, I will see what is up when I get home.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Recieved a new Titan CV half shaft last night. Saw the one just put in had a small tear and was throwing grease everywhere. Rockauto sent me another as soon as I mentioned it to them, awesome service. Should get it install this weekend.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Awesome build man!! 2 questions: 1, does your axle have a locking diff in it now? And 2, did you go with the medium or HD springs with the TJMs?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Awesome build man!! 2 questions: 1, does your axle have a locking diff in it now? And 2, did you go with the medium or HD springs with the TJMs?
The M226 installed came with an e-locker, but I have not wired it up yet. I got the Extended Travels TJM's with Medium coils. For a Titan Swap I would suggest another coilover, but for a stock X looking for 2in of lift I think they would be great. Heard the mediums are even fairly stiff on a stock X, and terrible with HD's on stock. If you have an aftermarket bumper I think HD coils would be good from what I have read. I would like to sell mine before they get beat up and get some 2.5 Radflos to go with my Titan Swap.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Haha not goofy but don't leave it that way ;-) , also we should talk if your getting radflows and are getting rid of yours
Posted via Mobile Device
Getting tires on Friday so it should better then. I will probably not get Radflos for awhile, already spent a lot of money on my current setup the past few months and want to get armor next.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
New parts I hope to get installed this weekend or next.

- 1" Spacer to bring front down 1", Daystar 2" spacer feels like too much.
- Energy Suspension 4.5" Bump Stop, stock rear bump stops are to short for extended travel Bilsteins.
- XTP IMS.
- New Titan Half Axle, first one had a rip in the outer CV boot.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Be careful of it rubbing on the bumpstop mount the remand boots are not like the oem half shafts
What is the difference? Also, my CV's dont bind when at full droop due to OEM UCA's and have not seen the boots rub/catch on anything. The rip was an obvious defect, it is right along the seam where the metal clamp meets the rubber. I can post a picture when I remove it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
So why do you say you don't recommend the TJM's for a titan swap? Like what is bad about them? I currently run them with PRG extended arms, but was considering doing exactly what you did (stock titan arms, m205, stock titan axles, with TJM MD)

Also, hows your alignment looking with the stock UCA's?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
So why do you say you don't recommend the TJM's for a titan swap? Like what is bad about them? I currently run them with PRG extended arms, but was considering doing exactly what you did (stock titan arms, m205, stock titan axles, with TJM MD)

Also, hows your alignment looking with the stock UCA's?

It is not that the TJMs are bad, just not the perfect choice for a Titan swap. I think a Titan swap really benefits from adjustable coilovers because of the lack of sway bar. There is also a lot of body roll, not sure if this is a characteristic of the Titan Swap, removal of the swap bar, or coils are to soft.

From the report the dealership gave me when I had the alignment, everything is near perfect. Caster could not be put fully in spec, but that is not a big deal because it is positive caster (not a shopping cart). Camber bolts were maxed out but came into spec, this was due to the 2" spacer, I'm downgrading to a 1" spacer soon to level it out.

21 - 40 of 137 Posts