Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This enclosure was made by a very talented installer at my local Tweeter in Frisco, TX. It houses a DLS UR10 subwoofer, a sub that retailed for around $399. If you're not familiar with DLS, they're a Swedish company that specializes in high end car audio. They're well known on car audio forums.

I paid $350 for the enclosure and $150 for the sub which was a recone. Looking to get $300 shipped for both!! Pics are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chadillac3

To hold it in place there is a bolt that needs to go through the floor of the rear cargo area, but it makes it very secure. Must like the intake, the wife decided she no longer wants an aftermarket system in the Xterra, so out it goes!! It's currently still installed due to my laziness, but it could be out within a day or two should someone be interested.

·
on line
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add the UR10 is a dual 4 ohm sub that only needs 400 watts max (i.e. 400 watts RMS amplifier) and sounds dayum good!! Gets pretty darn loud in an Xterra. :)

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Do you have to drill a hole in the cargo area of the X to mount it?

·
on line
339 Posts
do you know the internal airspace of that box? also, did the installer user fiberglass to build into the storage/cubby hole of the panel?

·
on line
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, you have to drill through the floor; very similar to the Stealthbox JL is offering...which costs 2x as much.

No glass was used, but it does go into that slot. The installer used MDF and bendy plywood to get the shapes. Internal airspace is around 0.7 cubes after displacement, which is perfect for the sub.

·
on line
58 Posts
Stealthbox

If people are interested in subwoofers I work at a Car Audio Superstore and can order Steathboxes and if I got a group buy I could get a really good discount.

-Cowboy

·
on line
54 Posts
would you consider just selling the enclosure w/o the sub??

·
on line
844 Posts
DLS is quality stuff guys. that's some upper echelon equipment. A lot of world champion audio competitors use DLS.

·
on line
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Stealthbox

SpaceCowboy said:
If people are interested in subwoofers I work at a Car Audio Superstore and can order Steathboxes and if I got a group buy I could get a really good discount.

-Cowboy
How about not thread dumping?

·
on line
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, in the interest of getting these off of my dining room table, $225 shipped for just the box, $300 shipped for both!

·
on line
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it's bought before Friday, I'll do $280 shipped on both and $200 shipped on just the enclosure!! This enclosure would do very well for a 10W6v2!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.