1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
on line
429 Posts
I thought the dealer would install them for free if your X didn't have them? It's been a long time since this topic was hot, so I could be wrong.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Holy crap - didn't realize they were that expensive. Best take my X to the dealership and get mine done.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
That's just wrong they don't replace them with a lift. So,

Plan B.
1st be sure you have non ajustable bolts.
before you lift, loosen the bolts and drive down to dealer, tighten them about a block before you get there, wipe some WD 40 on them and throw some dust on the bolts and they will look untouched......Complain about the steering, say you almost wrecked a few times on the way over. (You might almost wreck) Get em to swap em out on an alignment. Under warranty,

Do lift as scheduled.

Go to Firestone and get lifetime alignment done.

Mission complete.

Fight fire with fire.
MC

·
on line
564 Posts
Sorry about the hijack...but how can I tell if I have the eccentric bolts or not?

Rob

·
on line
1,320 Posts
robnfl said:
Sorry about the hijack...but how can I tell if I have the eccentric bolts or not?

Rob
see how the washer part in Syndicate's photo is wider on one side than the other... if yours are equal all the way around (not offset like those) then you need the bolts in above photo.
Or if your X was built before Aug./Sep 2005... after Sep. '05 they changed to non-eccentric.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.