Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD. Selling my 5 x 285/75/16 Duratracs on 7089 Pro Comps. Tires have 24k miles on them. Spare is unused. Bought the tires and wheels new together. Tires/Wheels are in great shape. New TPMS sensors installed (minus spare). $1,000.

Local pickup 46250. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
If only I didn't order a Titan Swap, Hefty Fab front bumper, Maxterra rear bumper, and shrockwork sliders within the past 2 months I'd be on this.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i said the same thing lol. im on the west coast and looking to upgrade tires here in october
I'm trying to downsize bought mine with 305/60/18... Looks good but haven't been wheeling to see how they do... I'm only 9.5hrs wondering if @Mrcoles might be willing to meet me half way...

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mrcole: I've been enjoying my stock 2005 Off-road for a year now. After beating up my skid plates, I got the message that it is time to lift and upgrade. So, I'm just starting the mod process, and joined the forum to learn how this goes. Based on what I have read so far, it is not very difficult to get 285/75's to fit. Was that your experience with these tires? I am assuming that you installed them on a 2005 Off-road very similar to mine. I'm trying to determine if these are a good pick for me. Any info you could share about how you selected these wheels would help me out. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 285/75/16's can fit with a melt mod, but the 7089 wheels have a larger off-set than the stock wheels. I did some minor fender trimming towards the bottom of the wheel well to fit these under full stuff while turning. I tested this with the front wheel/tire completely stuffed with my suspension setup and turned full right and left.

I am running a 2 inch body lift with a 4 inch suspension lift (Titan swapped) so I can't speak too much on stock fitment, although I've read my share of the '285's fit with melt mod, etc". I would think you would be better if non-Titan swapped. The widening of my track (titan swap) paired with the off-set of the 7089's is the main reason for my trimming.

I love this setup. I'm moving to 35's of the same tire because of regearing (reason why I'm selling). Hope this helps.

Mrcole: I've been enjoying my stock 2005 Off-road for a year now. After beating up my skid plates, I got the message that it is time to lift and upgrade. So, I'm just starting the mod process, and joined the forum to learn how this goes. Based on what I have read so far, it is not very difficult to get 285/75's to fit. Was that your experience with these tires? I am assuming that you installed them on a 2005 Off-road very similar to mine. I'm trying to determine if these are a good pick for me. Any info you could share about how you selected these wheels would help me out. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't do any hauling at the moment. Tied up with axle swapping and installs on the X for the next week or so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.