Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOT SOLD. WILL USE 4-LO TO TEACH MY LADY :)

Hi,

I am trying to see if there is any interest in the car. It is an '06 with 10K on it.

We decided that it is pointless to have a 'spare' vehicle in the house only if one of us can drive the stick shift. I'd trade it in for an Auto OR at a dealership, but I would rather not lose the money. The car is in excellent condition, no scratches that cannot be buffed out.

The following options have been installed:

- Towing package
- Side airbags
- Rockford
- Rubber mats

Things that are not there:

- Mud flaps
- First aid kit

Things that need to be replaced

- Tow Harness kit (part #999T8-N5005, $56 at http://www.courtesyparts.com). This got banged up during one of the trips. Plastic housing is ruined and it needs to be replaced.

Please do not low-ball with offers. This is more of a feeler post. I have not found a replacement for this car yet :) Ideally, it would be the same model with an auto tranny.

Thanks!

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is my backup driver for off-roading expeditions. We go on trips together and based on what I have seen with the friend's car, it will probably be cheaper to take up a loss as opposed to replace clutches. My main issue is that I have to drive all the time and if something happens to me while we are on a trip, we are not getting out (without a broken clutch).

As I said, this is still up in the air. I do not need sell this car, but it makes little sense to keep it if only I can drive it. Last time we had to fix our primary vehicle, we had a large rental bill because she has to drive for living and the car was at a shop for 3 weeks. If nothing comes up, I'll probably just end up keeping the X or trading it in later on.

·
on line
45 Posts
Bummer. This could be a tough sell at this price. I just got a brand new '07 OR (12.1 miles) with auto trans and the options than you have (minus the RockFos stereo) for $24.2 K. You might have to wait until Nissan is finished discounting the '07 models...

·
on line
735 Posts
The most economical solution is to retrain your wife. take her to a dirt field and let her learn in 4-lo. I have tought a couple of people how to drive stick this year. I doubt you will eat a clutch, but if you do, make her pay for it and she will never burn one up again.

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mike,

Now this is a solution! How come I have never thought of that?! This is freaking genius! We'll definitely try this. X is worth keeping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.