Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figured I'd throw this up on here. Maybe a fellow forum member would be interested. I will be putting a more detailed add on my local CL. But here goes...

Summary:
Selling my beloved 1997 Suzuki Bandit GSF600 w/~30k miles. Its a great "all rounder" bike. Gets 40+ mpg, is a sport tourer (so neutral ride position), great for corner carving or long rides. I used it from everything to commuting to work (50 miles a day) to 2 hour + weekend trips. It was my first bike - thought about selling it, but liked it so much and when I found out its the same engine as a GSX-R, I upgraded it to a stage 1 and have been happy with it since. I am the second owner, owning it for the last 7 years, and have put 25k of the 30k miles on it. The bike has never been dropped in my ownership.

The Good:
- Needs nothing immediately. Absolutely turn key.
- Brand New tires (front and back)
- Newer clutch has under 5k on it
- Newer Battery
- Carbs are clean and synced
- Band New spark plugs
- Brand new petcock
- Gas tank was recently treated and coated w/kreem tank sealer
- Oil changed every season w/Mobil 1 Motorcycle synthetic

The Will Needs:
- The chain is near full adjustment and will need replacing in a few hundred to 1,000 miles.*
- The oil has yet to be changed this season*
(Would be willing to do one or both for the buyer at additional cost before purchase)

The Upgrades:

Performance:
- Stage 1 including: Re-jetted carbs, timing advance, K&N intake, full exhaust (header, midpipe, muffler). <- Sounds good, not ricey. Its about at fast as a 750cc. Keeps up well with my buddies Duccati Monster on weekend trips.

Handling & Braking:
- Upgraded front fork
- EBC brakes (brand new rear) Fronts 80% left
- Stainless steel brake lines

Comfort, Safety and Convience
- Steebil Air Horn
- Flashing rear third eye LED brake lights
- Custom seat (think Corbin, but better)
- 12V outlet added (used for my GPS / charging phone)
- Anti-vibration bar ends and bar snake
- Mirror risers
- New chrome mirrors
- Clock, compass, and temp guages
- Tank bra cover
- Factory Shop Manual

(Optional) Additional Accessories
- Motorcycle cover
- GPS
- 3 Helmets (New $350 Arai helmet, $180 KBC, older HJC)
- 2 Motorcycle Jackets (1 Mesh summer, 1 Fall / Spring Leather - sizes Large / 42 <- I think, might be 46)
- Clear and smoke helmet visors w/carrying case
- Backpack

Probably are more upgrades I've done over the years, but can't think of off the top of my head.

Price:
Looking to get near $2,200 for just the bike. But I'd consider throwing in some accessories (gear, GPS, etc) if is sweetened the deal for the right buyer. (Not all, I'd look to get a couple hundred more for all accessories.)

Also open to some possible trades. Older manual RWD cars (I could add cash on top). Maybe (MAYBE) a boat, again I could add cash on top. And said boat can't be too big for the X to tow.

Bike looks like this: (If there's a serious interest here I'll post the photos I have in my picasa album. Can't do it from work.)

Oh and these bikes can easily be converted to cafe racers or street fighters, if that's your thing. (I was planning on it at some point myself.)

Cafe racer look:

Street fighter / Naked bike (in stock form) look:

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If its like the last picture, pretty easy. The bike from the factory came either half faired (like mine, 1st picture) or naked (last picture).

All that's required is removal of the front fairing, and then the addition of a headlight. You could go factory round, but most bandit guys go to some sort of HID / street fighter look setup.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
This really has the wheels in my head turning! I was looking for a used BMW GS, and the only one I could find that I like thats within (still out though) my price range is way out on the left coast. While I really want an adventure bike, the fuel savings with this would be great.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This really has the wheels in my head turning! I was looking for a used BMW GS, and the only one I could find that I like thats within (still out though) my price range is way out on the left coast. While I really want an adventure bike, the fuel savings with this would be great.
Well, you and I both work in the same city so anytime you want to come see it man!

The GS is sweet, though I doubt you would be able to convert a Bandit to be a dual sport. Maybe, I've never looked into it. Its more similar to an F800 than a GS if anything.

I actually test road a BMW F800-ST over at Genras when I *was* going to replace my Bandit. The salesman I was out with was on a very fast bike and doing well over the speed limit on I-84. I was finding it hard to keep up on the BMW. When we stop and I find out he was on a GSXR-600 and that's the same engine in the Bandit... he completely lost the sale. (Well that and the fact the BMW is quite expensive.)

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should probably add its nothing to insure. Costs me $110 for the ENTIRE YEAR.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.