Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great surprise for me as I walked out my house this morning to head to formation...glass everywhere! Mother f'ing San Antonio! After all of this they only steal my GPS (my dumb-a$$ left it in the dash) rip out my dash but DON'T steal my stereo! WTF!? I'm waiting for the cops as I post this...

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Not to be a jerk but....why didn't put an alarm on it after it happened the first time?

·
on line
97 Posts
Dam...... man sorry to see that happen to you. Stinking thieves they don't wanna work for their stuff, they wanna go out and screw up somebody elses car and take sh*t that doesn't belong to them. If you can't fit your X in the garage get a good alarm. It won't always stop them, but it will motivate them to move on to another vehicle. I'm in San Antonio, if you want any help cleaning out the glass let me know. I'll bring over my shop vac.

·
on line
97 Posts
30+ min...still no cops![/quote]

PD is going through shift change right now, plus your car burglary is a non-emergency call so PD takes a little longer to respond. It sucks I know, I feel for you.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Looks like you've got a garage door right in front of the x man. Get a low end security camera, shoot even a webcam will work.

That's what we use for our office, a webcam with software that is motion activated. So if nothing is happening it's not recording. As soon as there is motion, it turns on.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cornick said:
Looks like you've got a garage door right in front of the x man. Get a low end security camera, shoot even a webcam will work.

That's what we use for our office, a webcam with software that is motion activated. So if nothing is happening it's not recording. As soon as there is motion, it turns on.
Dude! Were were you w/ this idea yesterday!? J/K ---The name of that system, software would be appreciated!

Either way, security alarm, video system, something is going up to prevent or at least catch these mofos next time. I'm sure as long as I'm in SA there WILL be a NEXT TIME!

And Jspecrx7, thanks for the offer and I just might take you up on that once the cops get here...whenever that is.

I can't even begin to put into words how pissed I am, this truck is my baby! Now I can't even begin to think how I'm going to get by for a week+ while it's in for repairs! :angry8:

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, and get this, I called TomTom to see what they could do about my GPS...nothing! What sense does it make that something that is only produced to find out where you are can't be used in reverse?! Like, TomTom has no way of tracking my GPS unit or even seeing the next time it's in use...what's up w/ that?! The only thing I can do is report the serial number (thanks God I kept the box) w/ my police report and then give them a copy along w/ my receipt and they will discount me on a new one.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Sucks man.

I was just reading an article on how GPS and Sat Radio theft is up 50% since December here in parts of Pittsburgh.

·
on line
148 Posts
Hopefully the police enter the serial number into ncic, that way if any law enforcement checks your GPS serial number (traffic stop, pawn shop etc) it will come back stolen and list you as the owner.

I guess I am lucky that something like that is a rarity here....still feel for ya though!

·
on line
2,459 Posts
TXterra37 said:
cornick said:

Dude! Were were you w/ this idea yesterday!? J/K ---The name of that system, software would be appreciated!
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=7954

I was here with this idea last month...just fyi...you also posted in this thread. :blackeye:

I'll get the information for ya.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Sorry to hear this man. Everytime i hear of incidents like this, it makes me cringe with anger. Ive had my previous cars broken into and i know how it feels. Hopefully my X will not be victimized.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
I put Clifford Alarm( 2 way pager) in my truck after my last car(ricer) kept getting broken into. Get a could alarm with some proximity sensors....

hope it works out for you....

1 - 20 of 70 Posts