Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He got 12 cars total and took out both of my Rear tires ,So i thought this would be a good time to upgrade the tires ...
I'd like to know how in d'hell you guys are running 33's !!
W/my wheel turned all the way to the passengers side I had maybe about 3/4 of an inch of space when they tried the tire on @ the tire shop ...SO i figured 4x4'n there would be some serious rubbing !! now i have the 2 inch b/l and calmini lift also SO HOW IN GODS NAME ARE U GUYS GETTING 33-34'S ON !!

I ended up getting 32" maxxis mudders for the rear will get matching pair up front as soon as funds arrive

·
on line
4,495 Posts
A heat gun. Just mold some of that plastic back enough so rubbage doesn't occur or occur as bad. Tire choice also has something to do with it. 285/75 BFGs will rub more than a Nitto Terra Grappler in the same size for manufactuer sizes differ. In this case the BFG measures about 32.8 while the Nitto measures 32.68. Plus the BFG has a longer/deeper and wider tread patten than the Nitto.

·
on line
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
syndicate said:
Like I've said all along, you can run 255/85/16's without any lift.
are those equiv to 33's ?? :dontknow:

·
on line
623 Posts
syndicate said:
without a lift AND without the heat gun mod? if so, i think i'll go with those

where can i get this 'heat gun'? can i use a blowdryer instead? i really wanna get the 285/75/16 M/Ts, but don't have a clue on how to really do this mod
________
Live Sex Webshows

·
on line
99 Posts
you will need to do the heat gun mod, it's not a scary as it sounds. Someone may have used a hair dryer but your probably better off getting a cheap heat gun from harbor freight or someother discount tool supplier. Just take a front tire off, the inner fender liner towards the rear of the fender bulges out a little, heat it up, push it in with something like a short 2x4 and hold it till it stays. Then repeat going up a little at a time.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
bigboyindiego said:
syndicate said:
are those equiv to 33's ?? :dontknow:
YES, but about .5"-.75" narrower than the 285/75 which is what helps avoid the rub issues.

I think you'll like the Maxxis... you got the buckshot mudders or the bighorn's? I have the maxxis bighorn MT's and love them so far; they hook up offroad unbeleivably good and do exceptionally well on wet pavement for a mud terrain.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Not sure about the real size difference you now have between front and rear but not a good idea t run like that especially in 4WD it can cause things to bind up and break drive-train components.

I did a how to on the way you melt the inner fender to get 33's on. But you get much better MPG with the tires you bought.

MC

·
on line
13,466 Posts
When i lived in cincy for about 2 years, every single car in my apt. parkign lot would get the windows all smached in and shit stolen like once or twice a year. Funny thing is, my car was always left untouched......I had a new dodge stratus (look, you get what you can get when you get out of college, i went for cheap). My car was never broken into or anything. While the cars on either side of me would be beat apart and have smashed windows.

The gals in the leasing office did tell me this one day. Everyone was afraid of my dog, she is an american bulldog, but a big wuss, wouldnt hurt anyone. Only thing she kills is moles and crap like that.
On top of that, the same office girls told me i wasnt the happiest looking person. Its my natural face! I always look pissed i guess.

So my advice to you is to get a mean looking dog and dont smile at anyone, grow a gotee perhaps.

·
on line
589 Posts
mcampana said:
So my advice to you is to get a mean looking dog and dont smile at anyone, grow a gotee perhaps.
Uhmm, yeah. I don't remember exactly, but how big are you again 'bigboyindiego'?

·
on line
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RE Not sure about the real size difference you now have between front and rear but not a good idea t run like that especially in 4WD it can cause things to bind up and break drive-train components.
MC both the front & rear are same size just diff styles ...
p.s the tires are the maxxis bighorns

1 - 14 of 14 Posts