Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well these are the mods that im up against this week. hopefully i can get them all done.

Dont worry these are NOT calmini skids. they are shrockworks but i sprayed them blue (not sure why i chose calmini blue)

Still dont know exactly where im going to mount these horns but im sure i will find a good place for them

Two hellas on the roof facing forward and two pilots on the roof facing the rear

Alcan springs (yeah i know they have been sitting in my garage for a while)

and finally a little bump. Im getting a custom box made similar to what MC has

·
on line
1,479 Posts
sweet man.. looks like that job is paying very well

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Man I don't know, I think just the Calmini blue color would Jinx my X.
But the rest of that looks good. Only screw up I did on my Box was cover the Cig Lighter in rear. I might have moved it into the box and had it point inboard had I thought about it. MC

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MachineHead said:
Who's building the sub box for you?
Its a place called Mobile One, they quoted me $350. I think that it is a reasonable price for a custom box. Its alot cheaper than that other premade box that someone found a couple of days ago.

·
on line
135 Posts
Dude, where's the port-a-poty and the kitchen sink?

·
on line
1,361 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
MachineHead said:
Who's building the sub box for you?
Its a place called Mobile One, they quoted me $350. I think that it is a reasonable price for a custom box. Its alot cheaper than that other premade box that someone found a couple of days ago.
I bet MC would have made you one and shipped it for $300 :geek:

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I did think about it. But the size of the box depends on the size of the speaker. So, unless they went a 10 like me, no go. And most people think they need a lager size. Trust me, you don't. The floor is hard and it carries the sound great! All you need is a 10 and enough power to run it.
Only people who have felt mine are convinced. MC

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I am using a 10" speaker, but its an Alpine Type R... Which if anyone knows anything about speakers, its not an ordinary sub. Its got a huge magnet and has kevlar in it and all sorts of stuff. So the box needs to be made to specific specs.

Thanks for the thoughts though.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
yeah, a 10 is all I have ever needed. I can't wait to get one in my X, come one April....

I have heard good things about type R's.

·
Read Only
656 Posts
mtdewmike said:
http://www.bumperdumper.com/
I always get a kick out of that thing! :iconbiggrin:
I'm having Uncle Booger fab me up a custom model: one with two seats! No waiting!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts