Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've got the very early stages of the install completed. I've had the deck and XM in for a while now but in the past few days I've ran the 1/0 AWG positive cable and ground, RCA cables, and remote turn on wires. I then temporarily installed the Planet Audio ZR300.4 I picked up. Note, that I say temporarily because I'd never let wiring like that fly as a finished product. It's not been an easy road as the X doesn't quite come apart as easily as my Scion did, but I think that's a good thing. I hooked up my Crossfire BMF1000d on Tuesday and POOF!!! That sucked. I bought the amp used from someone I never met so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Running the cable through the grommet on the driver's side firewall proved to be an easy task, not so with the xB. I will be building a new enclosure for the X as I want to use the cargo cover and the one I had in the toaster is too tall. Not sure which subwoofer or subwoofers I'll use yet but if anyone has any suggestion for positioning/loading schemes I'm all ears (pun sorta intended). Okay here's a few pics.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
the amp placement was my worried as well. Maybe it's fine, but my next questions is how will it be if you lay the seats flat, is there clearance then?

·
on line
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There isn't a ton of clearance there but I'm running well within the limits of the amplifier. One of the primary reasons I chose this location is that I can quickly access the controls/terminals of the amps. As I'm still in the tuning stage that's important to me. The seats fold flat just fine like this. If the amp isn't running in to thermal protection I'm not gonna sweat it as most of the time I drive less than 10 minutes. If heat becomes an issue I'll consider moving them to the rear cargo area once I've got all my gear installed and have the levels set to what I feel is optimum but for now the amps will reside under the rear seats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts