Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

well long story short, i got keyed.
i dont know if any of you know, but im only 17, and i obsess over my X's paint. iv worked my ass off to get this, and work my ass off to keep it the cleanest car in the neighborhood. but then when i walk out, in the early evening, and see this. it was devastating. im planing on spending a couple of hours with my orbital buffer and a tube of scratch x....

·
on line
178 Posts
If you find out who did this to you, Bro I will fly up and and help you stake them naked covered in honey over ant piles! That is wrong...never mess with a another man X!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Sucks.

I have about 30 of those on my X. Ah the woods!

·
on line
631 Posts
kokopop said:
Sucks.

I have about 30 of those on my X. Ah the woods!
X2

and i feel sorry for you man. especially on a brand new vehicle.

·
on line
339 Posts
ouch....i feel your pain man....

i wash my x nearly weekly and so all the punk kids in the neighborhood take notice.....

one day during a wash...i noticed a kid playing with a BB gun....

a week later for another wash....i find a BB sized paint chip which happens to be facing that kid's house....

ever since, i've been keeping an eye on that house....if i catch him in the act. that kid is gonna get his ass beat.

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Time to put out the word on the street and find out with ***** did that. Thats just a plain sissy move.

I would ask around and see if you can find out who did it. I dont think id go too crazy with the buffer and rubbing compound though dude. You canmake it worse. I would call a body shop and see if they could look at it for you, buff it out if that possible. You may just need to go to the dealership and get a bottle of touch up paint. No one but you will notice it. I had to do it to mine after some douche scratched mine up with a shopping cart. Now i can even notice it and it took off all the paint.

·
on line
53 Posts
that sucks man! i know how you feel though. some bastard did that to my dodge ram and wrote "ED RULES!"... i dont know any eds so i was out of luck.

·
on line
298 Posts
If you are financing that X, you most likely have full coverage, including comprehensive. This may include vandalism, and with a relativly small deductable.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for your support guys
and last time i washed, i didnt clean the tires with the cleaner. i regretted it, and havnt had time to redo it.....

·
on line
559 Posts
Someone had nailed my X with a BB gun about 6 months after purchase. They were aiming for the window, and missed and hit the door instead. There are a$$holes all over the place. What can you do?

·
on line
2,081 Posts
max6spd said:
Someone had nailed my X with a BB gun about 6 months after purchase. They were aiming for the window, and missed and hit the door instead. There are a$$holes all over the place. What can you do?
Shoot back! :)

Yeaa - that's a real shame dude. I put a scratch of similar proportion in mine when moving into my new place and trying to carry a crib between the X and the Wifes car. Not worth getting the insurance company involved, they'll just use it as an excuse to hike up your premiums. Take it to a few body shops in your area and ask for a price to fix, or if you are really brave, use some paint and a tooth pick to fill it in - put about 5 layers in the scratch, or until the paint is flush with the rest of the paint. Then use some rubbing compound and buff the area real good, you'll hardly see it then.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
I feel for you, man. The scratch sucks. And the fact that some people are dicks to that extent sucks.

Yesterday I was at a light on a nice, ordinary, tidy street and the guy across from me finished his McDonalds and just dumps a huge pile of leftovers and everything else out the window. It's not keying a car, but I mean, wtf? And then there's the guys who drive literally 70 down my street with 3-year-olds playing all over the place. Like they're proving they can drive 70? Something is seriously wrong with some people. We all no doubt have a million stories.

That scratch looks like a touch-up paint project.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
d-rap said:
the guys who drive literally 70 down my street with 3-year-olds playing all over the place.
i got that problem too, those are the times we wish we had spike strips...

but thanks again for the support and suggestions guys. im taking my x in for a oil change/rotation today, so ill see what they think. more than likely theyll say its a off road vheical, who the **** cares. the service dept people there can be huge dicks.

·
on line
704 Posts
Here is some food for thought: Go to the woods and play. You'll put more scratches on the car with time and this one won't be standing out :)

On a more serious note, somebody has to spill some blood.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i went to the dealer today, and actually, they couldnt have been more nice. they told me what to do, gave me a tube of paint, and a cup full of rubbing compount that they use. they even put on the first coat of paint before they washed it for free. but fyi, the wash sucked, it went in cleaner than it came out...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts