Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

So I did a Thing...

3K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Shortbuss 
#1 ·
Hey fellow X owners.
Long time "Jeep Guy" who just switched teams.
I am flying from CO to SD on Saturday, to pick my 14 Pro-4x (Daytona Blue). I have been lurking for about a week and have already learned a lot. (but I still don't know what lift to go with - LOL) I look forward to sharing my build and adventures with everyone. I hope to get around to meeting some local (CO) owners and share some trail time.

-Noah

#4 ·
Woohoo! Got a pic of the Jeep you are trading in? Good choice on color

#6 ·
My current Hooptie is an 05 Liberty with a mild build. While it has certainly impressed the crap out of me on where it has taken me, it just isn't handling the lift and larger tires very well in the long run. I started to build it out as an overlander but I am finding the space is just starting to bug me, and leaves me wanting for more. Only pic I can seem to find is not as good as one of my older TJ pics! 😁 The guy helping me crawl out is also a Jeep to Nissan convert, and is here on the forum. I just built the pullout in the Liberty last summer, so I need to figure out how to get it in the new whip.

Attachments

#9 ·
Hey fellow X owners.
Long time "Jeep Guy" who just switched teams.
I am flying from CO to SD on Saturday, to pick my 14 Pro-4x (Daytona Blue). I have been lurking for about a week and have already learned a lot. (but I still don't know what lift to go with - LOL) I look forward to sharing my build and adventures with everyone. I hope to get around to meeting some local (CO) owners and share some trail time.

-Noah
As a local CO guy (Denver), I strongly recommend leaving your X as it is, in stock form, and go wheeling, then make modifications. Resist the common temptation to throw thousands of $ at it before you ever take it out. Unless you're a serious rock crawler, you'll find the Xterra in stock form is extremely capable. I've recently purchased an old lifted X and have returned it to stock form because it just simply performs better.

#10 ·
My plans is not to go too crazy with the suspension, 2" and 33's will be all I'm shooting for. Most my build price will be the overlanding bits. Roof top tent, and awning are close to the top of the build list. Bumper/winch is a definite need. I spend a lot of time solo exploring and just want the ability to get myself out of trouble if needed. Just an absolute MallCrawlin amount of lights is a MUST (LOL) I do a lot of night wheeling. I've been wheeling long enough to know that even a mild rig can do a vast majority of the trails here. The look on some peoples faces this Fall when I ran Scholfield Pass in my Liberty put a smile on my face.

#15 ·
Welcome. I'm also in Denver, bought my first X last March (2009 Off-Road). Last month it got totaled and just last night I drove down to the Springs and signed off on purchasing another X (2012 Pro-4X). If you're into camping/overlanding and also want to do some DIY projects instead of paying more for aftermarket mods, check out my first X in my signature and the mods I made from the How-To's in this forum. I recovered everything I built so I'll be able to re-install/attach them to this new one once I pick up the new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.