Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Smurfadelic! New Paint on the Old Girl!

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  RavenNexus 
#1 ·
When I received my X from the guy I bought it from in 2018, there was a bubble in the paint... over the past 3 years, it had gotten so bad I had to do something...

Last weekend, I finally did! It's not totally done, I have some touchups to do, but it looks a damnsight better than it did before!
Also, while I had her apart I added some different lights to the steps, removed the vampire splices from the taillights and moved them to the dedicated electrical intercept box (for the trailer harness) under the truck, patched up the wires that were vampire'd, and added more red/whites to the side windows and tag!

Let me know what you think, and I'll post more pics later when she is out of the garage... she has to stay for now since her passenger mirror is on my frontier while I wait for a new actuator...
I have flag decals coming in for both rear-side windows, and I plan on making the red/whites shine through the "white" of the flag on the decal.
Now to just fix the ad-hoc wires I put in for the siren/controller, and move the emergency lights to the siren/controller and get them off my scene/offroad light controller...

edit: I guess ill do a full walk around and show everything for those who I have not interacted with on FB...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
When I received my X from the guy I bought it from in 2018, there was a bubble in the paint... over the past 3 years, it had gotten so bad I had to do something...

Last weekend, I finally did! It's not totally done, I have some touchups to do, but it looks a damnsight better than it did before!
Also, while I had her apart I added some different lights to the steps, removed the vampire splices from the taillights and moved them to the dedicated electrical intercept box (for the trailer harness) under the truck, patched up the wires that were vampire'd, and added more red/whites to the side windows and tag!

Let me know what you think, and I'll post more pics later when she is out of the garage... she has to stay for now since her passenger mirror is on my frontier while I wait for a new actuator...
I have flag decals coming in for both rear-side windows, and I plan on making the red/whites shine through the "white" of the flag on the decal.
Now to just fix the ad-hoc wires I put in for the siren/controller, and move the emergency lights to the siren/controller and get them off my scene/offroad light controller...

edit: I guess ill do a full walk around and show everything for those who I have not interacted with on FB...
the pic of the back is with ALL possible light combos on including Emergency red/white strobes (under the bright yellow in the top of the rear window and on the license plate) , yellow traffic control bar, upper TBT bar with amber strobe, and white rear reverse, upper corner rear "scene" lighting, and the reverse lights in the rear bumper... even before I started on the emergency lights the truck looked like I was an extra on Jurassic Park... (which was funny considering the first use I had of them was a hunting a possible bear in our back pasture!)

#5 ·
Whaat?! My blue paint is peeling off on top of the rear wheel well and roof and I've been contemplating to raptorline it in blue as well for as long as I've had it!

Yours turned out awesome from what I can tell from the pictures, you really got a nice texture going. Did you spray it yourself with a HVLP spray gun?

#13 ·
@roXterra here are the pics of the in-progress painting. you can see the peeled paint above the fuel fill. It was like that on all 4 corners, and the hood, and under some of the roof rack support feet. I had a spot peel on me recently that I painted, but it is under the hood and was caused by me not removing the underlying paint that was already peeling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.