Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
I would start with any place where an animal could hide and then die.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Mine did ^ that too for the longest time. through air vents. And actually it was about this time last year. I'd pull out your in cabin filter and see whats sitting on it ( if what wanderer said is your issue). Also just crawl under your truck and look up and you'll see many places that act as legdes and nooks n' crannies. Check those for sure too.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
sometimes lately when i turn the truck on, It smells like a barn!!?? it's weird. but we were at the zoo so i figured some "muck" may have gotten on the kids shoes and on somewhere. but i haven't smelled it in a while so i'm not worried.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Check your engine compartment for nesting materials like twigs, fabric, etc.

Lots of mice like to make homes in car engines in the winter since they stay warm for hours. Ive seen it first hand in my wifes car when I popped her hood and this mouse jumped a foot in the air out of its nest by the air intake

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Behind a fenderwell. I had a rat get in there once and, well, it was maggot infested by the time I found it. But, quickly thereafter, it was my a-h0!e neighbor's problem... lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had a mouse somehow get into the fan apparatus under the passenger side glove box. I figured it was there because whenever I turned on my fan it smelled of death. When I took the fan out there was a dead decayed mouse with maggots walking around. I just ordered a new one off Rock auto for like 20 bucks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help..ended up being my hunting buddy pulling a prank found deer balls under my seat.....so now it is payback time

·
on line
10,980 Posts
lol ... how bad do you want to get him, and do you want our help coming up with the prank? There are some really creative folks on this site ... and evil, too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's pretty funny!!
You gotta get him back, unfortunately I'm not creative enough to give you any ideas. Subscribed to this thread, I gotta know what happens!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
We had an office "war" going for a couple years, it got out of hand...among the better ideas...
1) Shrimp peels shoved behind heating vents in car
2) Fish bones buried in the dirt of a large plant
3) and the favorite, a can of partially opened tuna put behind the heating grate in a room. The can can only be cracked though, so the "fresh" smell isnt overpowering and they find it, the stench will slowly build up over days/weeks and its maddening because they cant find it

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
We had an office "war" going for a couple years, it got out of hand...among the better ideas...
1) Shrimp peels shoved behind heating vents in car
2) Fish bones buried in the dirt of a large plant
3) and the favorite, a can of partially opened tuna put behind the heating grate in a room. The can can only be cracked though, so the "fresh" smell isnt overpowering and they find it, the stench will slowly build up over days/weeks and its maddening because they cant find it
lol, we pulled #3 on a frat brother in college. stuck the can in a slit in the underlining of his couch. stuck his room up for WEEKS. he was hella pissed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts