Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My X was violated last night, right in my driveway. The thieves smashed the passenger side front window and grabbed my wife's purse. They left a bluetooth GPS and my new HD radio tuner. We were supposed to be in the mountains but I had a nice case of food poisoning and was in no shape to drive. Normally the X is in the garage but I was too lazy/sick to move it in. What luck! The good news is it will cost me (or insurance) less than $200 for a new window and installation but we've already lost hours canceling credit cards and a checking account. It was most likely teenagers looking for cash because there were no credit card transactions today. What a waste of time and energy. And I thought we lived in a "safe" neighborhood. Ugh.

·
on line
704 Posts
Yeah... I hear you on this. I hope that all your credit stuff is in order.

We lived in a safe neighborhood too. Our Subaru got broke in twice. The first time it took three weeks to fix the door. The second time thieves broke in through the same door a day after we got the car back from the shop.

·
on line
178 Posts
I am damn sorry to hear that. My german shepard is my security system. Right before I bought my X, one on the neighbors drugged up kids broke into my GMC. Sammy (my GS) who adores every person she has met, went thru the kitchen window and grabbed his arm and held him down until I came out with my .45. The judge let him off with probation, but I know he will NEVER mess with anything near my house again. Thank god Sammy was not hurt at all and the windows was easy to replace.

·
on line
463 Posts
Hey Joel !
Sorry to read of yours and your wife's grief !
Make sure you tell the credit agencies and your bank of this and BOL for identity theft !
Jim B
(AKA; The other rack)

·
on line
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the condolences everyone. I fit a plexiglass replacement last night and my wife and I went out for some healin wheelin this morning. We picked an absolutely gorgeous trail (Kingston Peak) but got turned back by snow near the summit. It was still a bit healing. Tomorrow we get to deal with the insurance adjuster, window replacement, and DMV.

·
on line
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found out yesterday afternoon that I need 2 insurance claims. The window and tinting go on auto ($100 deductible) and the purse and contents go on homeowners ($500 deductible). It kills me that this is a single incident and both policies are with the same company, but it seems that this is standard practice. At least both adjusters are friendly and reasonable, so far. The car adjuster is even giving me $75 towards interior detail to "get the ick out" as she put it. Time to look into an alarm system before I install the carputer and LCD.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
That sucks, sorry to hear about your misfortune. Theives make me SICK. Smash and grab means quick money, most likely a druggie looking for some cash for that next fix....meth head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts