Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my friend just got a new FJ cruiser, and would like to get on a trail and try it out. I've still yet to do anything other than a little bit of mud myself, so I'm interested but not sure about just the two of us. Were planning on hitting some fire trails and the like around Batsto village in the Pine Barrens this Friday, 11/14 around 1PM till we get bored. Anyone else interested in following around or even being a leader, have any tips, or whatever else? Let me know!

·
Registered
701 Posts
hmmm. I might head out if i can get someone to sit in my passenger seat & ride with me lol. there's a rausch run this weekend to. This is actually my first possibly-open weekend to do anything & it's supposed to be nice out!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm. I might head out if i can get someone to sit in my passenger seat & ride with me lol. there's a rausch run this weekend to. This is actually my first possibly-open weekend to do anything & it's supposed to be nice out!
Yeah, I saw the Rausch run post but I'm not sure doing blue trails is a good idea for me yet. yeah, supposed to be nice, just a bit chilly!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I live in the area, don't trust the water holes to be shallow, even if they look it. A lot of them have some really deep ruts. Most will have a bypass. Also stay on established trails, and avoid the "Wharton 1/4 Mile"

·
Registered
701 Posts
I live in the area, don't trust the water holes to be shallow, even if they look it. A lot of them have some really deep ruts. Most will have a bypass. Also stay on established trails, and avoid the "Wharton 1/4 Mile"
we got over 10 trucks thru quarter mile in october! but i wouldn't have done that in a small group.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ohh yess. Those puddles......... Got them in the gas line near my parents in Buena, fun, if you know your way around those.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
There were a few maybes on greens for Rausch this weekend. I am sure if a few green trail rigs show up, some of us will run greens instead or we know the park pretty well so we can send you down the right trails. I am really just looking to get out in the woods. Any day in the woods is a good day.

/end thread jack

·
Registered
701 Posts
There were a few maybes on greens for Rausch this weekend. I am sure if a few green trail rigs show up, some of us will run greens instead or we know the park pretty well so we can send you down the right trails. I am really just looking to get out in the woods. Any day in the woods is a good day.

/end thread jack
almost ended up coming to rausch this weekend! :( next time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts