Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Spencer today to talk about the lift you see pictured below. He said, that while it's not on the website yet, he has this lift ready to sell. It incorporates, among other things, Titan components, custom UCAs, and adjustable compression King Coilovers with a reservoir. We're talking an honest 11-12" of fully controlled travel.

The rear end would incorporate various leaf options, with the most popular being a custom Deaver pack.

The lift is ~5" over stock. Keep in mind that the truck pictured is sitting on 36" tires and has custom fenders. 8thman recently mentioned that someone was already making Xterra fenders.

The initial ballpark quote was ~$3,500, non-installed.
SLR can create and install this in about 2 days.
If anyone calls Spencer about this, please tell him Brian Allen referred you.

·
on line
1,732 Posts
Lets see 3500 for the lift 1500 FOR THE SURGERY to get my wifes high heel removed from my @$$ 4000 for the divorce lawyer,Driving one kickass xterra PRICELESS!!!!!
:salute:

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Wait.... do you mean to tell me that this lift is already fabricated and ready to ship... or are all the parts in his shop ready for him to fabricate it??

Hmmmmm..... Calmini bye/bye.... hello SLR!!!! (only if it is available immediately.)

I feel like John Kerry right now... I keep flip flopping!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
PonyBoy said:
syndicate said:
...SLR can create and install this in about 2 days...
Riiiight.
It sounds sort of fishy to me too, thats why i asked!!!

I believe that they can install it in two days (if they worked all day). but i seriously doubt they can go from scrap metal to fully fabricated and lifted X in two days.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Not a chance... D-rap had his X at SLR for over 2 months getting basically the same set-up (minus the bracket lift) and still has some minor things to get worked out! ... That's still probably faster than Calmini though!

No you don't need new fenders... you can just cut the stockers.
D-rap is getting some of the first run of the Hanneman f/g fenders that Spencer has been working with them on.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
That bumper would probably be easy to fab. If you are interested, I can talk to the guy building my rack, I can have him use my X as the model.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
You mean like on the the XterraRacing team's X? It could probably be done too...problem is, I don't have a stock bumper for him to fab off of. I have to take my Shrock off here some time soon anyway and figured if he could just use my X.

·
on line
369 Posts
I'd be interested in a front bumper like that muzikman. Especially if it was lighter and cheaper than the Schrock bumber and could still hold a winch.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
muzikman said:
That bumper would probably be easy to fab. If you are interested, I can talk to the guy building my rack, I can have him use my X as the model.
Go for it Jason.... I'd have to save up for a couple months but I'd buy that in a heartbeat... shouldn't cost more than a few hundred, maybe 400 tops.
The problem with the design of xterraracer's is that it's top mount points are all engine/rollcage... it couldn't be made as trailworthy without having it attached the same way.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
My X is taking a long time because a lot of it is fabrication work, not to mention lining up vendors--first run stuff. Spencer thought King 10" shocks would be adequate in the rear, but with everything bolted up, he wasn't happy, and re-ordered something new from King. It wasn't ideal at first, and he said so, but that means time. What Deaver spring pack will work best? There's been some inevitable trial and error along these lines. Spencer is making, repositioning, and testing brackets, trying to position Lightracing jounce shocks into the configuration. 2.5" King coilovers have to fit inside a boxed lower titan control arm, and then the shock has to fit between the tie rod and the axle halfshaft, without any rubbing. CV angles, how straight-up-and-down to position ths shocks, all this is being tweaked. It's all a tight fit, especially our front end. Nissan didn't make this stuff easy. There are many similarities to the SEMA Fronty pictured in this thread, but plenty is different and has to be designed or re-designed.

Spencer's obviously the guy to talk to about time frames, but the two months plus for me, admittedly a long wait, is different than what he's telling Syndicate he can do in days.

I'll be starting a thread with pics and specs when the lift is done, and when I get a detailed up-to-date spec sheet from Spencer I'll post info. right away. He's about to be offering a number of different options, some that use the drop-down bracket seen on the SEMA truck and the 5" he's done, and some that don't, like mine. Some kits will feature longer arms and halfshafts like on the SEMA, and others will retain stock track width. If you're thinking of going with SLR,feel free to PM me, I'm a big fan at this point and I've been talking to Spencer every few days for awhile now. And my truck is turning out exactly how I hoped it would.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What I said is what Spencer told me. I recently realized that this lift was already pioneered by Flipflop.

Lol, and tell Spencer to get that stuff updated on his website already...

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Not really going to bash the guys in blue, cause they do enough of it for themselves.

But I'd glady shell out the cash (if I had it) and do the wait game for SLR. You get a far superior product and Spencer's personal backing, that alone says a lot. Not to mention you get lifetime upgrades, if they figure out a better way to do something, he'll get it to you.

I've been flip flopping on either Fabtech or SLR for when I get into that route for my truck (which won't be for sometime). Both operate differently and there is a noticabel price difference, but those are the only companies I'd trust to lift my truck that much at this point in time. Is it sad I set up a bank account just for the lift? I put in $20 from every shift and $50 from every paycheck. My friends say I'm demented. I say I'm just pro-active. :)

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Demented? I work as a teacher in the heart of LA. Wheeling and camping on the weekends and during weeks off keeps me sane. And Shrocked to the max and loaded down with equipment and passengers plus wheeling hard for me equals spending some bucks on a suspension that can take it. There are some other good options, but everything good costs some serious time and money.

When my co-workers see me on Monday, refreshed, talking about the golden eagle I saw or the hot springs I visited with my girlfriend, they start to understand why I put money into my truck.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts