Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here are some pics that show the Lightracing "Jounce Shocks." They are hydraulic bumpstops, filled with shock oil and charged with nitrogen. Lots of people call them "air bumps." They assist dampening all the time up front in this set-up, and save the shocks and bring things in for a nice landing in the rear. Supplemental bumps are installed for good measure. Bracketry is all SLR.

The system works great, and as you can see from the Baja shot, the profile remains fairly low--and stable. It can really carry a big payload and still go fast. There's more to dial in in the rear (more compression travel is next on the list) but it's a lot of fun just the way it is now.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Been to BAJA a No. of times, but never had to commute at speed, or race--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mcampana said:
Ok drap, at least you have fenders..............But when are they getting painted?
Busted! Yeah, the fenders are still unpainted. That was going to be part of the SLR package until...

So I just haven't gotten around to shelling out the scratch. But hey, it still works.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
man those air bumps look nice! Im debating whether or not to get those. maybe ill just stick to timbrens for now since i want a shrock front bumper. Bad a$$, simply bad a$$!!

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mcampana said:
Remeber guys. You may want these things. But they arent cheap. Timbrens are cheap compared to this set up.
Yeah, no doubt. My friend and I are DIY-ing an SLR set-up on his '05 X. Same front as mine, 2" Radflos in the rear instead of the 2.5" Kings, and Timbrens instead of hydraulic bumps. (Different Deaver replacement leaf packs, but that's for another thread.)

Air bumps are more complicated, and mine required welding and fabbing front and rear. They cost like shocks. AC may have some kind of kit though, I'm not positive. And Kings may be easier to fit. But Mark's right, it's a lot of money you don't NEED to spend. But they sure work great and are a good stand-in for more travel. I mean, if you're running out of compression travel, it's nice to meet a hydraulic dampening supplement before you run out of shock rod (pic #2).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts