Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sort of sprayed a lil to close on the first two wheels any tips on how to get the bubbles out?? i tried to smooth them out the the news paper looks ok but hell i knew i was going to mess this up!!! help!!!

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Hmm, it is most likely too late to wipe it off.

So, my suggestion is let it dry and then sand it down and start from beginning again. You don't have to sand back down to the rim, just get a smooth surface to work with.

Remember to spray 6 inches from the surface and use a constant sweeping motion. Don't stop and start the spray during application.

·
on line
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sob i knew it!! you think i need to let it dry the whole 5 hours????

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Well, you may have to let it dry longer than in between coats. I'd say 2 hours. A good test of its "dryness" is that it is hard and not mooshy to the touch. I am not sure of what climate your in, but the air temperature could affect your drying time.

This happened to me when I was doing my spare wheel for my tire carrier. I got lazy and tried to rush the application. But, after sanding and re-applying the bed-liner it looked good again.

·
on line
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess i just tried to rush it !!! man i just about lost it !!! oh well 2 hours to sit around!!

·
on line
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yaaahoooooo!!!! :cheers: it looks a way better than it did!!!! thanks SeXterraPA for all the advice through my crisis lol !!!!

·
on line
707 Posts
Thats the great thing about this mod, you can sand and re-apply. I have a couple marks from me not letting them dry long enough and too low of temperatures. I will touch them up when the weather gets nicer. Can't tell unless they are super clean anyway and this time of year in the NW that just isn't gonna happen.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Speaking of "official stealth wheel dudes", has anyone heard from or seen Syndicate since the fires in San Diego?

·
on line
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One more thing... how did you guys go about doing the front wheels? well i mean jacking the x up, where? and where did you put the jack stands or if you used them at all?? or did you guys just use the jack to lift it up? i got a hydro floor jack .. thanks again!!!!!

·
on line
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
on the same section as the jack right?? just making sure. i was going to them first but stop when i notice that.. plus i didn't have the big jack just a smaller one... thanks!!

·
on line
432 Posts
Yea I wasn't sure about where to jack under the front. There is actually an arrow in the frame that points to the right spot. Use the jack a few inches from that arrow then put your stands on the arrows. Worked well for me. :)

·
on line
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
will do!!!! thanks every one for the help!!! i think i would still be outside beating the dog if i didn't have you guys!! doing it today before it rains tonight should be back on the X by then i hope not suppose to rain until 9 or so !!! thanks!!!

·
on line
36 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any Red Brawn X's out there with stealth wheels or maybe even a set of the ProComp rims with black centers? I have an SE, and I REALLY hate the stock wheels. I'd rather have S or OR or even Pathy rims instead. I'm a little too poor right now to buy $500 worth of new rims. And since my X is nearly 3 years old now, it would be wise to put new rubber on those new rims while I'm at it. I'm just a little nervous cause I have never seen any pics of rims on a Red Brawn other than the stock Nissan silver ones.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts