Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got under my 2007 OR Xterra last week before it went to the dealer, and it had a full size spare, but it was a traditional black wheel. Some threads here mention the truck has an OEM spare, which is confusing. Which one is it? I need to make sure as I am going to the dealer tommorow...

·
on line
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah did a lot of reading, looks like it... LAME...

Do you know if it is a "full size" spare, or is it an O/R tire?

·
on line
1,208 Posts
^^^ Patton, your fast with that search button. :D

·
on line
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I found that thread...

My truck isn't here, it's been at the dealer for the past week, so I can't look to see if it is actually a "full size" spare...

·
on line
641 Posts
brutus_skx said:
^^^ Patton, your fast with that search button. :D
Nope. I have some postings, where I'm the originating author, bookmarked :)

But, even if I wanted to do a search, and didn't know where the link was, I would just go to the Forums, click on "View posts since last visit", then truncate the query string off the URL, leaving this, which gives you the Search page:
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/search.php

·
on line
735 Posts
who wants to tell him about the oil pressure guage being turned into an idiot light?

a lot of people say, and with good reason, to never buy the first year of a new car, but then again, they tend to decontent or cheap-out the model with every passing year to keep the msrp competitive.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Wiggum said:

My truck isn't here, it's been at the dealer for the past week, so I can't look to see if it is actually a "full size" spare...
All Xterras come (and have always come) with a full sized spare... But now (middle of 06 on) xterras come with a steel wheel rather than an alloy wheel.

·
on line
3,285 Posts
OK, I read through the post that dpatton references above, and I am a little confused.

I have an early 06 OR with a 6-spoke spare that looks similar (in color and style) to the road wheels, but it is not the same. I'm not even sure if it is alloy, but I know it is not a perfect match to the road wheels.

When I attempted to order a second spare (becuase I have actually popped two tires before), most dealers wanted to sell me a black steel spare that was not six-spoke. Instead, it had a bunch of small holes around the outside of the "face" of the wheel. Even Courtesy Parts didn't realize that there were two different part numbers for the OR spare. They eventually did get me the six-spoke silver spare wheel for my second spare.

·
on line
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
S_e_X-Terra said:
Wiggum said:

All Xterras come (and have always come) with a full sized spare... But now (middle of 06 on) xterras come with a steel wheel rather than an alloy wheel.
Yeah I get that, I'm wondering what tire is mounted to it...

·
on line
564 Posts
Wiggum said:
Yeah I get that, I'm wondering what tire is mounted to it...

The OE tire for that model.

Rob

·
on line
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the help guys...

So I have another spare tire question..

When I got the truck back an hour ago, i first noticed the dealer was sloppy. The new wheel didn't have a valve stem cap on it, and the car was filthy. I looked past it and drove home. When I got home I opened the back to let the dogs jump in, and there is a rubber circle in the back, presumably from the spare tire kit. It has a sticker on it making referrence to the face of the wheel. Anyone know what this goes to or if it needs to be installed? I'm fed up with the dealer, and I'm sure it would take them 4 hours to figure out where it goes, so I thought I'd ask here... sorry for the crap cell phone picture...

One more note on their sloppyness, I just noiticed after month of ownership that my car didn't have a rear window wiper installed when I bought it, so that was another $9.

Reed Nissan in Orlando gets the thumbs down from me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts