Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i thought some one would be selling there sliders as i had it posted in my sig but guess not . I will be ordering a set this week i was thinking about ordering them in bare steel and painting them flat black what do you guess think . Should i just spend an extra 50 and have them black from jim

Thanks guys let me know what you guys did

Ray

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i would let jim do it, they aren't just painted, they are powder coated....turns out much better and holds out longer then paint!...unless you can find a place that will powder coat them for cheaper, i think some people have.

·
on line
631 Posts
i just ordered mine this morning... a little late for me (as i smashed the rocker panel yesterday!) should have them in about 3-4 weeks. i ordered them in black. i cant wait!!

·
on line
60 Posts
driver X said:
i just ordered mine this morning... a little late for me (as i smashed the rocker panel yesterday!) should have them in about 3-4 weeks. i ordered them in black. i cant wait!!
FYI - I ordered mine Feb 17th, and according to Jim still have a 2-3 week wait time ahead of me. So you might be dissapointed if you expect them in 3-4 weeks.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Get them pre powercoated. It's too much like work to paint them yourself. I did my sliders, front bumper and skidplates. After that, I gave up and got the rear bumper powdercoated.

I Herculined the sliders and front bumper (and will be doing the rear). I por15'ed the skidplates. All are holding up as well as I could expect. Not much stands up to rocks.

·
on line
631 Posts
woopig_sooie said:
FYI - I ordered mine Feb 17th, and according to Jim still have a 2-3 week wait time ahead of me. So you might be dissapointed if you expect them in 3-4 weeks.
hmm... he told me 3 weeks to make, a few days to ship and on the 4th week i should have em. only time will tell

·
on line
60 Posts
don't care how long it takes, the wait will be worth it. hopefully you'll get yours on time

·
on line
564 Posts
driver X said:
woopig_sooie said:
hmm... he told me 3 weeks to make, a few days to ship and on the 4th week i should have em. only time will tell
Yeah, he told me that too! That was 5 weeks ago and they haven't been shipped yet. Hopefully they'll go out this week!

Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts