Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One requirment of the wife for lifting the X was that ingress and egress had to stay easy. Well, 7" of lift can make it a bit of a chore to hop in and out of the family car. So last week we made these. 1.75"x .120" DOM tubing, welded to the frame. They stick out a bit and work as a pretty good step. I still need to make fancy billet end-caps for the tubes, but I thought I'd shard anyway.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I have a similar problem with a raised truck and a lowered wife.

I've got the ShrockWorks bolt ons and have always wanted a tiny bit of a flat on top of the bar for my wife to get a purchase on as she climbs up. I've thought about skateboard tape to help.

·
on line
381 Posts
PaulXyZ said:
I have a similar problem with a raised truck and a lowered wife.

I've got the ShrockWorks bolt ons and have always wanted a tiny bit of a flat on top of the bar for my wife to get a purchase on as she climbs up. I've thought about skateboard tape to help.
I have the same issue, lowered wife, lifted X. The shrock sliders work good as a step, but a slippery when wet or muddy, I put non skid tape from Home Depot on them, now they work great as a step, and for roof access.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
those would surely protect the lower part of the door too. Look good.

You really need to get rid of the blue beadlock rings. :)

·
on line
2,459 Posts
TXterra37 said:
Greg, what are you running to get 7" of lift? I assume all your own products, but what exactly? I like the rails, btw, when are we gonna see them up for sale to the public?!
That's what I want to know....

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Those look awesome Greg! You should build em and sell em :D

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Very nice work. They look like Shrockworks.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had/have no intent on building these. They are pretty simple to make. I deigned them and paid my fabricator to build them, after powdercoat and everything, they were around $300 to make. I have no idea what the price is for the Shrockworks stuff, but thier stuff is nice and already availble. I suppose if enough people are intersted we can build them, but they will be weld-on to start with.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Looks a lot like the set Norshor made from Trailgear (?). I know he didn't pay much either... somewhere in the neighborhood of $200, IIRC. Trick is being able to do your own fab and welding work if you want to save money... I've got around $50 into mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts