Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sliders are going to be my next big purchase once my lift is finished. I'm in a big toss up though as to which to go with. There are a lot of pros and cons that I can think of on my own, but I'm hoping that you all can shed maybe a little more perspective on the whole matter.

So the big question is... which ones?

The pros of going with Shrockworks TO ME AS OF RIGHT NOW would be:

- They are used by everyone. To me that says a lot about a product. When it comes to something that is going to protect the wellbeing of my truck it's not bad to go with what everyone else is because that shows that they are just a good product. It ain't no decal, in other words.
- Because so many are using them obtaining hints and tips for installation and other resources are easy to come by.
- They look tougher.

The cons of Shrockworks:
- The wait. I think we all know this. I understand that we should all keep our patience with such a company who makes the parts that no one else does at times, but to me having to wait 5 weeks or longer after you order an item is unacceptable. This is the BIGGEST reason I'm considering Calmini

As for the pros and cons of Calmini. I don't know any really. They are a touch cheaper. I've never heard of a timing complaint from them. It seems that this forum is loyal to Shrockworks (which is fine and I respect that), but because of that the access to information of the alternative is realitively hard to come by.

Thanks in advance.

Calmini's sliders:

Shrockworks' sliders:

·
on line
245 Posts
The angle of the Shrockworks provides better rocker protection, and also I believe they come out further than the Calmini sliders providing a better step.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
I believe the shrockworks offer better protection from door dings as well as they stick out further.

·
on line
874 Posts
I am considering the calamini, I dont want to wait for schrockworks....

·
on line
244 Posts
Before I ordered my sliders, I called Calmini and they said they were so backed-up that they couldn't even give me a time when they would have the sliders..... So, I ordered Shrockworks and I am so glad that I did, I believe they offer more protection than the Calmini's.

Plus I got my Shrockworks in a month.......

·
on line
4,593 Posts
The shrockworks sliders install is dumb-proof. Drill one hole per side and bolt on.

On looks alone as I've never seen the Calmini Sliders (CS) in person, I would suggest that the possibility exists to hang up the front end of the CS bar on a stump or some other object. Whereas with the rounded shape of the Shrockworks Sliders this wouldn't (shouldn't?) happen.

I have no personal experience with CS, nor have I heard of this happening; it is simply my opinion of the design. I have been wrong before.

·
on line
58 Posts
I dont wheel hard - or too often - but have the shrockworks sliders on and absolutely love them. i get compliments all the time - and people have asked where to get them etc. true story - they protect from door dings!!!

·
on line
3,218 Posts
as I've never seen the Calmini Sliders (CS) in person, I would suggest that the possibility exists to hang up the front end of the CS bar on a stump or some other object. Whereas with the rounded shape of the Shrockworks Sliders this wouldn't (shouldn't?) happen.
You are aware the shrockbars are just a long bar w/ a rounded tube on the outside right? So how is the possibility any less that it may get stuck on a rock if it were to contact the same front point as on the Calminis?

You were wrong twice now.. :geek:

·
on line
4,593 Posts
You are aware the shrockbars are just a long bar w/ a rounded tube on the outside right?
Yes, I have shrock sliders.

So how is the possibility any less that it may get stuck on a rock if it were to contact the same front point as on the Calminis?

On Shrockworks sliders, the square bar is tucked up under the body and rather close to the frame. And as you stated "a rounded tube on the outside".

In the picture of the Calmini sliders the bar juts out beyond the body; i.e. on the outside.

It is my perception that if we were to measure distance from the frame to the forward point of the squarish bar on the Calmini sliders, and then measure that same distance on a Shrockworks installed sliders, that we would find that same point on the Shrockworks to be rounded tube rather than square bar.

I have no intent to be agrumentative, but do you follow what I'm saying?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts