Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has installed them on an '07? I'm up in the air as to wether I should drill 12 new holes in each frame rail, or just weld 'em on. If you did drill, how many holes did you use?

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's wierd. The vibration dampeners are gone (which Shrock uses as mounting points) and there's nothing else.. Kinda' weary of "swiss-cheezing" my frame rails. Anyone w/ an '07 run into this yet?

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny.. I've emailed Jim about this exact issue, he's yet to reply. Of course, I understand he's busy. I plan to outfit my '07 with his junk, as do most everyone on this site it seems. Mods may do as they wish, I just figured someone w/ an '07 here might be of some help.

ETA- "Are there no mounting holes in the frame on an '07?"
If it matters it's an OR..

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why was it moved here? I don't have Shrock sliders, and I had it in the correct forum, I thought..
EXTERIOR-"This is where you can talk about anything Exterior such as door panels,rock sliders , bumpers, etc."
:scratch:

·
on line
807 Posts
Shrockworks is the only company that makes bolt on sliders for the X right now, so there must have been some confusion.
Maybe tell us who's sliders you have and post up some pics so we can better help you out.

Edit... wait, why would you e-mail Jim to ask him, if you dont have his sliders??
hmm... I'm confused.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
He is talking about Shrockworks sliders. His main point though, is that his 07 doesn't have all the same frame holes as the 05-06 Xterras. I think it's more of an Exterior topic than it is a Shrock topic but I guess it's more relevant to the installation of Shrock sliders.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I moved it. I should have shadowed the topic, but didn't. I do not have control in this forum otherwise I would fix it.

I thought you had shrock sliders and this was a topic about shrock sliders? It is more relevant here because others with an 07 and shrock sliders would look here first and not in the exterior.

·
on line
641 Posts
dpatton said:
The moderators should move this to the Shrockworks forum, and you should give Jim a call.
OK, I take it back!
1)
Move this thread back to "Exterior", but, if DBAX agrees, with a better Subject - perhaps "Frame holes for 2007 Xterra". Also, someone (DBAX?) should post some photos in this thread of their frame, and then people with an 05 and/or 06 can post 'the same' photos, for comparison.
2)
Start a new topic in the Shrockworks forum, asking if the same Shrock sliders that fit the 05/06 fit the 07, and if so, whether there is any difference in the mounting instructions.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL
Ok, from the top.. I built my own sliders. My '07 frame rails do not have conventional mounting points, in fact there're no holes. I'm wondering wether to go ahead and drill the 12 holes my mounting plates are designed with to bolt them to the frame, or simply to weld them on.

wait, why would you e-mail Jim to ask him, if you dont have his sliders??
Simply because Jim works with Gen2 X' everday, prototyping new things. I'm sure he's run into this by now, so why not ask him. :)

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I would drill the holes. It's a boxed frame. A few holes ar not going to hurt it.

Welding on the other hand, well, once they are on, they are on. You would have to cut them off and grind them down.

·
on line
807 Posts
Ok, just 1 question, why would you design and build your own sliders without first looking at the frame to see how you can mount them?

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, just 1 question, why would you design and build your own sliders without first looking at the frame to see how you can mount them?
Uhhh, that's not the case at all. I've designed them to be drilled with 4 bolts through each plate, 12 per side. The frame is perfect for bolt-on apllication, provided you drill the holes. Again, I'm just trepadacious about adding twelve new holes to each frame rail, was wondering if anyone else had yet..

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Didn't realize you built your own sliders.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a friend make 'em for me. Traded fab work for some suspension parts..
bombproof

Here's an XOC link to the build.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
DBAX said:
Uhhh, that's not the case at all. I've designed them to be drilled with 4 bolts through each plate, 12 per side. The frame is perfect for bolt-on apllication, provided you drill the holes. Again, I'm just trepadacious about adding twelve new holes to each frame rail, was wondering if anyone else had yet..
Well, if you think about it, the 05-06(??) has holes in the frame.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts