Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was originally planning to order both sliders and skids this pay period but a look at the calendar (my wifey's b day, Xmas, etc) means I'll have to wait a bit for one or the other.

I decided to go with sliders first. Good call ?

·
on line
551 Posts
Depends. Myself I would have ordered the skids first if I didn't have any.
I rather take a ding on the side than have to replace something underneath.
Now if you don't plan any rock wheeling till you get the skids, then yeah good call.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Personally, living in Arizona and having gone wheeling in some gnarly places out here, I'd say you made the best call, if you have a good enough spotter, he'll guide you around, I think I spent more time making sure I didn't damage a rocker panel tho.

·
on line
358 Posts
I have an OR with the thin skids. I built and mounted sliders first. We are always hitting them. The stock skids have a few small scuffs but nothing major. I think it was a good call on the sliders.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
I would say good call, if I could do things over, I would have skiped the exhaust (even though it sounds great) and gone with sliders what did i know, I was a :newb:

·
on line
735 Posts
I got the sliders first as 'oh shit I bashed my rocker on a ledge' insurance since my last truck was a lifted wrangler. I basically figured I'd get those just incase I had a difficult learning curve with the new wheelbase.

That said, I don't go looking for trouble with the X.

·
on line
704 Posts
My stock skids are still there... They're shot, but they're still there :) Good call on sliders:

- Tires
- Sliders
- Skids
- Suspension

1 - 11 of 11 Posts