Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased Schrock Sliders over a month ago from Max6 and have yet to find time with a lot of help or a body shop to install them. Reaching out to the community for some help. I am located in Queens NY and lack the tools knowledge and space to do the install. So whose up for helping out??

Then when i get enough change gathered up for a lift and bumpers i'll have someone to reach out to for help with that also.

·
on line
294 Posts
i know a fabricator in the mineola nassau county area to help with the bumpers. the sliders you should be able to do yourself, but i dont have pics/install instructions for ya. someone here should be able to oblige...

pm me for the fabricator's address/phone number...

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem is i'm lacking the tools and the space. I live in an apartment and frankly i dont trust myself drilling a hole into the frame of the truck.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
B REAL said:
Problem is i'm lacking the tools and the space. I live in an apartment and frankly i dont trust myself drilling a hole into the frame of the truck.
Measure twice and drill once... I was pretty apprehensive as well. Luckily I was able to steak my cousin's driveway for a few hours to do mine. If you have jack stands, it's not bad to do on your own. If you have a buddy, it should be REAL easy.

...and after drilling into my frame, I didn't hesitate at all when drilling into my door to mount the new speakers :cheers:

·
on line
2,459 Posts
If you feel like making a trip up north, I'm glad to help man.

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ballston Spa.....up by saratoga springs?? isn't that like 3 1/2 hours from the city?

Thats what i was looking for....some experienced help, just alittle closer to the city

Thanks Cornick

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Yea, just south of Saratoga.

If I had the money for gas I'd be down to help you. But I don't have the money to pay my credit card bill this month.

If you change your mind, let me know, I've got the tools!

·
on line
10,133 Posts
when i get back from vegas next weekend, i'll be looking to do alot of work on my X (PRG lift, shrockworks skids, and maybe sliders & bumpers depending on when they get here). I have space and tools to do everything. You're more than welcome to come over the river to Jerz and i'll help you do your sliders.

Kokopop (Keith) mentioned the possibility of a mod day at his parents house in Nov. they have a 2 car garage and tools as well. I'll talk to Keith and see what's up.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
3.5 hours isn't that bad of a trip to bum knowledge and tools from someone. heck then you can sleep in the back of your X in his driveway and head home the next morning.

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Creek, I had keith offer assistance as well, problem is my work scheduale is nuts and his wife was due last week. It was hard to find a time.

Hey if we're all gonna be there maybe i'll order up some TGC Spacers and the Deavers sooner then was expected.
Thanks guys keep me posted on that November date

·
on line
10,133 Posts
when i hear back from Keith, depending on what he says, i'll post something in the Events section if it's going to happen. If he's not available, we could still have a mod day either at my place here in W. Orange, or at my dad's place in Cedar Grove. Either way, we should totally do a mod day in Nov. We'll figure something out.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I will not know more until the baby arrives. Which will be no later then friday night!

I sort of had my own mod day on Saturday. Finally got 2 hours to work on the X. New parking brake pads and rear brake pads.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts