Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi everyone, there's a local fabricator that's well versed in Xterra stuff (https://www.facebook.com/BalmerFabrication/). He's offering a discount on a group buy if we order 5 or more pairs. There's a thread you can check out on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/BCNISSAN4WD/permalink/1492122650860379/?comment_id=1509305845808726&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}) but in general I find facebook to be pretty terrible for this kinda stuff. Are there any better options to run group buys?

Thanks
and what's the single set price in that case (without group buy discount)?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
and what's the single set price in that case (without group buy discount)?
He never really stated what single set prices were. I've contacted a different guy and will be going with his design/build. He is quite busy but his work is top notch and highly recommended around here in the lower mainland. He quoted me $825 all in with mounting hardware/install/sand blast, zinc-primer and semi gloss top coat. He did mention its a bit more efficient to build a few of the same model together so it might be worth a bit of a discount though.

I don't think he's started on mine quite yet, but would probably be ready early/mid September.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I figure it would be easier to get a Group Buy for skids going. Just need to figure out if aftermarket skids off much more coverage than stock skids. Pull someones stock skids off, trace the patterns then figure out material to use. Although with shipping being ridiculous in Canada it's likely no cheaper than buying from down south.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I figure it would be easier to get a Group Buy for skids going. Just need to figure out if aftermarket skids off much more coverage than stock skids. Pull someones stock skids off, trace the patterns then figure out material to use. Although with shipping being ridiculous in Canada it's likely no cheaper than buying from down south.
Aftermarket skids cover a LOT more than the factory ones, and are built for abuse. The factory skids on the OR/Pro4x models are thin metal and can't really take any kind of abuse. Once I have my Hefty skids I'll post a pic to compare them, but that'll be about a month away by the time I have the time for it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts