Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, there's a local fabricator that's well versed in Xterra stuff (https://www.facebook.com/BalmerFabrication/). He's offering a discount on a group buy if we order 5 or more pairs. There's a thread you can check out on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/BCNISSAN4WD/permalink/1492122650860379/?comment_id=1509305845808726&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}) but in general I find facebook to be pretty terrible for this kinda stuff. Are there any better options to run group buys?

Thanks

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol hey Dimitri, so you're going to get this slider group buy going huh :)

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk
I def need sliders.. you're right better hit the sliders than the door. As for the group buy, if it happens great, some savings, if not I'm still gonna get 'em.

·
Registered
359 Posts
If you're talking to 'Balmer already, see if he can do the group guy with first gen Xterras too

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
521 Posts
Why not, with the exchange rate of .73 on the $1 and FedEx shipping cost the same as in the states, it might be a bargain. I know a few people who have ordered bumpers from Canada right now because of the saving with the current exchange rate.

·
Some random dude
353 Posts
I might be interested as well for Edmonton, if I could see them and know a price.

Personal preference would be a White Knuckle style with the rear kickout, it looks like that makes a better step for getting at stuff on the roof.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would be interested in more info on this as well, especially if they can or are willing to make a version for a Frontier. If so, I might be down for a group ship to the Edmonton area as well. In any case, I'll be following this thread.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm abandoning this GB. The shop only wants to make an identical set of sliders to qualify for a group buy. Feel free to contact him yourselves, it's balmer fabrication on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I'm abandoning this GB. The shop only wants to make an identical set of sliders to qualify for a group buy. Feel free to contact him yourselves, it's balmer fabrication on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the whole point of a group buy....to make a LOT of the same thing to minimize custom work for everyone that wants sliders...defeats the whole purpose to have to cut/bend different tube. Even all the major guys (Hefty, White Knuckle, Shrock) would not do that.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's the whole point of a group buy....to make a LOT of the same thing to minimize custom work for everyone that wants sliders...defeats the whole purpose to have to cut/bend different tube. Even all the major guys (Hefty, White Knuckle, Shrock) would not do that.
Perhaps I misunderstood the reasoning behind GBs then. The recent seatcover group buy had multipe individual custom orders, and so did the Shrock GB that finished earlier this month. I thought GBs were attractive to vendors because they brought in a large order with guranteed payment, but clearly this is not the case.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Perhaps I misunderstood the reasoning behind GBs then. The recent seatcover group buy had multipe individual custom orders, and so did the Shrock GB that finished earlier this month. I thought GBs were attractive to vendors because they brought in a large order with guranteed payment, but clearly this is not the case.
That would probably be the case for places that have a large inventory to choose from, but doubt it would be to customize specific parts. Shrock, for example, is a lot larger operation than any custom fabricator here in the lower mainland, and make specific items. I highly doubt they would do a lot of different custom designs for numerous buyers, and if they did would probably be small tweaks here and there from their original design, not a full on different design. They most likely have CAD files they are using and get all their steel pre-cut.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That would probably be the case for places that have a large inventory to choose from, but doubt it would be to customize specific parts. Shrock, for example, is a lot larger operation than any custom fabricator here in the lower mainland, and make specific items. I highly doubt they would do a lot of different custom designs for numerous buyers, and if they did would probably be small tweaks here and there from their original design, not a full on different design. They most likely have CAD files they are using and get all their steel pre-cut.
Yeah, like I said it's just my ignorance. I'm going to approach Darin @ Balmer anyway 'cause he does great work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts