Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quickie, I know someone that is going to make me some sliders but he is going to weld them on. Are there any caveats to have them welded on other than not being able to take them off?? To me it seems like it would be a little more durable, but I wasn't for sure.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
I don't see a problem with welding them on. At least you won't have to worry about drilling into the frame as you do with the Shrockworks sliders. It seems like a good idea.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
npgtech said:
I don't see a problem with welding them on. At least you won't have to worry about drilling into the frame as you do with the Shrockworks sliders. It seems like a good idea.
I'm set on Richard doing them (frontier2k1 from ENCXC). I talked to him and if I can get my money straight he said he can also build a bumper for me. From what I've seen his stuff is top notch

·
on line
1,667 Posts
i found that some people have bent the SW sliders and that might be a problem if you weld them on. its going to be a lot of cutting if you bend them in an accident or while offroad. just keep that in mind.

-dan

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Sorry, I'm just the old timer, but----

--welding them on has NO ADVANTAGE, No-one has ever lost a slider from lost bolts, or failed a LIFT because of loose bolts, or had one stolen--

--If it's bolted on, you can change or remove or powdercoat or paint or carpet, your options are OPEN,--

--If it's welded, there's no more options, even selling the vehicle, then whatareyougonnado ??

--Don't weld them on !!!

--course, it's your truck, do what you want, but those are my caveats !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
117 Posts
I agree with JIMBO. I would go with a bolt on option and not weld them. What if you want a body lift or want to change anything. Welding is just to permanent for me.

Than, maybe I'm just affraid of commitment!!! :blob2: :blob3: :blob4: :blob5: :hello1:

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Bolts is the way to go. Welding I believe the connection is a lot stronger. but unless your a mechanic, or know how to fab stuff, I wouldn't do it. Cause if something does happen, the cost of fixing this, is enormous.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts