Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I recently managed to install my sliders and was curious about torque specs for the bolts especially the one on the front bracket where the bolt feeds through the frame. I didn't want to torque down too tightly even w/ the back plate in fear of damaging the frame. Is this a valid concern, or is it safe to really crank down on the nuts. I went ahead and used blue lock tite on all the bolts.

Thanks for any feedback.

Devandra

·
on line
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe that most of the bolts are Grade 8. Some of them were stamped Grade 5. I called Jim asking about the different grades and he said that grade 5 were generally sufficient.

·
on line
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Muzikman,

Thanks. . .that is quite a helpful link especially w/ a lot of people bolting up slider, bumpers, etc. It'll come in quite handy.

Devandra

·
on line
65 Posts
did you have any trouble getting the prescribed 1/2 to 3/4 inch clearance between the sliders and the pinch seam? I could only manage 1/4 inch on the drivers side front and 1/2 inch on the other three...

·
on line
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Truthfully I didn't measure the distances between the sliders and the seam. However the ability to slide the rear bracket up and down a bit w/ the upper mount (where the frame weight was bolted in) allowed me to get an even space on all four corners. You might want to loosen up the bolts and play w/ the up/down adjustment on that upper rear mount. It might help even out the space on each corner.

Devandra

·
on line
65 Posts
the problem i found is with the front drivers side and since the bottom bolt secures vertically to the frame, the only option i see for a fix would be a shim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts