Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TNX Senior Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I was wondering if anybody local has completed the full loop at slaughterhouse gulch recently? I was just up there last week and the final end of the loop is much rougher then I had anticipated. Once you bypass the mud pits and start climbing up the hill to the left it gets the blood pressure up real quick. There are a few parts that I wish I had waited for my rock sliders and skids to be finished and installed. The back side of the trail is washed out from all the rain we had early this year. Anybody recent with similar experience on that back hill climb? For the record I have 33 inch Duratracs and 3 inches of suspension lift.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I have looked at slaughterhouse online, Im new to Co and have a stock 4x4 X, Im looking for some people around the area to show me some trails!

Doesnt sound like i'd be able to complete SH, but maybe you know of some easier trails I could check out?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ran it stock last March in my cc frontier. No issues but I ran it clockwise. The hillside coming down to the pits had some washes but made it challenging. I generally use Slaughterhouse as my test trail or to teach new drivers off road basics. If it is getting gnarly maybe I should head there soon...

·
TNX Senior Member / (NORAC) Club Moderator
388 Posts
I have looked at slaughterhouse online, Im new to Co and have a stock 4x4 X, Im looking for some people around the area to show me some trails!

Doesnt sound like i'd be able to complete SH, but maybe you know of some easier trails I could check out?
Welcome from Longmont. Check us out at Nissan Off Road Association of Colorado's Home Page and see what we are all about. We are a fun, family oriented 4 wheeling group that is dedicated to keep the forest open for all to use. We have 3 trails adopted, and are responsible for keeping them maintained along side the US forest Service. We have given over 1000 hours volunteering to the US Forest service doing cleanup and maintenance days in the forest, this wheeling season. If you think this is the kind of off road group for you, then think about joining our growing club.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts