Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATES:
Removed Hefty sliders to get new 2" body lift sliders.
Full set of NXRocks skids.
New Cobra 75 CB
Volant CAI

Username: Slasa E (call me Slas)
Year: 2005
Make: Nissan
Model: Xterra
Trim: S++
Color: Super Black

Mods
Suspension:
ARB Old Man Emu HD (achieved 2.5" of lift over stock w/ suspension - 3" with 33" tires.)
Installed extra leafs in rear pack
Installed 2" body lift 5/5/12. Sourced pucks, bolts, rad hose, brackets individually - total cost ~ $125.00.

Armor:
Shrockworks front bumper w/ rad skid (Prius Plow)
Hefty sliders w/ tread plates - gone 9/14
ChefNate rear bumper w/ tire & HiLift carrier (installed 4/15/12)
NEW! NXRocks skid plates

Performance:
NEW! Volant CAI (non-powercore)

Interior:
Nissan OEM/Yakima internal bike rack
Pioneer Avic X920BT - iPod integrated, blue tooth, DVD, GPS head unit and speakers

Exterior:
Tinted front windows to match rear
Replaced rear driver's side bumper thanks to Prius collision
Stealthed wheels (since replaced w/ aftermarket)
ProComp 7089's
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 285/75R16's
Fog light stalk and OEM fog lights
NEW! Gobi Stealth Rack and ladder purchased and awaiting install

Electrical:
Hella Black Magic 500 driving lights
OTRATTW Zombie Lights switch
NEW! CB: Cobra 75 WX ST with 4' Firestik and side bumper mount

Misc:
U-joint replacement
Fuel sending unit replacement (under warranty)
ATF/Radiator bypass mod
Replaced control arm for front windshield wiper motor
NEW! Front wheel hubs and bearings

Comments:
It is about time I post some progress (and a build thread). I feel like I have finally made some progress. :rockin:
Clearly, this build has and continues to be inspired by many of you. I have had some run-in's with Prius' so I named her the Prius Plow. I am working toward a total blacked-out X - perhaps not "stealthed" with bedliner but definitely all black.

Upcoming mods:
Black out - I.e. Rustoleum bumper paint on front grille (grille? What?!? Am I British? Maybe I should change armor to "armour"), cowl, rear bumper, Nissan gray bits & pieces
ARB Twin Air on-board compressor
ARB rear air diff locker
Rear bumper w/ tire carrier/ hi-lift carrier/ gas can carrier/ CB antenna mount - did that a long time ago
GOBI Stealth roof rack - Purchased 8/31 in sleeper00's GB!
Full set of skids - NXRocks skids from wisbike!
Roof rack lights???
Body lift??? Done 5/5/12!!!
Titan swap??? (Have to wear out the OME first)
Side mounted machine guns???
???

Photos:

Bone stock w/ first mod - Replace crappy stock rubber w/ BFG AT's

First BIG mod: ARB OME HD Suspension, front & back, + 33" Duratracs (and I painted the brake calipers blue. Fits the Aussie vibe, I guess!)

Wheelin' w/ new mods (on my buddie's private land)

I hate the stock S wheels and I need to feel like the Road Warrior so stealthing was in my plans. S wheels w/ Duplicolor wheel paint.

Did I say I hate S wheels? Yes. Unfortunately, there are not many options for 6 on 4.5 bolt patterns so I joined the ProComp 7089 majority. Thankfully, they are cool wheels.

Finally, Shrock front (I know, not local - I just got a good deal and like the design), Hella 500 Black Magic driving lights, Warn VR-10000-s winch)

Prius Plow!!!

NEW! ChefNate rear bumper

NEW! 2" Body lift

Props/credit to Xebra67 for the last two photos 5/6/12 @ Switzerland Trail, Colorado

Thanks for looking! And . . . Thanks for the inspiration! (and the dent in my bank account).
My wife and kids thank you for their time with me, too!!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Reserved for future mods - I hope.

Future mod achieved! I swapped everything between the Shrock front bumper, Chef Nate rear, NXRocks skids, and Gobi Stealth rack. I.e. I traded her in for a 2013 Pro-4X, 6-speed manual. I brought over my Shrock, Chef, Gobi and NXRocks skids to the new one and added a NissTec extended travel ultimate kit with 1" front spacer and rear Deaver AAL/adjustable shackles. Check out a new build thread soon!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing too exciting but a few updates since it has been awhile.
Added:
Cobra 75XL CB w/ 4' Firestik
Full set of NXRocks skids from wisbike
New front wheel hubs/bearings
Gobi Stealth rack and ladder on order via sleeper00's GB
Volant CAI

Removed:
Hefty sliders - They went to a good home. I need to get new sliders for the 2" body lift.

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
How long is hefty qutoing you for the sliders i plan on doing the same thing or making my own

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looking good!
Hi Boyd and Family. Thanks for the kind words (from Boyd as always) and I hope I can honor Boyd's memory through my interactions on this site and use him as an example of how to conduct oneself and be an outstanding person - even when you are in the relative anonymity of an online community. I was looking through my build thread and saw Boyd was one of the first to comment, as usual. I didn't know him other than words exchanged through this website but that is all I needed to know that I liked and respected him.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Hey Salsa,
did you go with the OME HD leaf pack replacement??? and if so, how are you finding it ???

Great build by the way, keep up the good work

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Salsa,
did you go with the OME HD leaf pack replacement??? and if so, how are you finding it ???

Great build by the way, keep up the good work
Thanks for checking it out!
Yes, I have the HD kit all around. I actually like it a lot. It can be a little harsh if you do not have the weight of armor, bumpers, etc. In fact, it performs best when the truck is loaded up. It rides like a Cadillac when I load it up with 2 people, 2 dogs, and enough beer, food, and gear for a big group of friends for week away from civilization. Another benefit is that you do not have to modify the truck other ways to put on the OME stuff. I recommend it.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Future mod achieved! I swapped everything between the Shrock front bumper, Chef Nate rear, NXRocks skids, and Gobi Stealth rack. I.e. I traded her in for a 2013 Pro-4X, 6-speed manual. I brought over my Shrock, Chef, Gobi and NXRocks skids to the new one and added a NissTec extended travel ultimate kit with 1" front spacer and rear Deaver AAL/adjustable shackles. Check out a new build thread soon!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts