Username: Slasa (call me Slas)
Year: 2013
Make: Nissan
Model: Xterra
Trim: Pro4X 6-speed manual transmission
Color: Night Armor

Mods
Suspension:
NissTec Extended Travel Ultimate kit (achieved 3"+ of lift over stock)
Camberg Titan UCA's
NissTec extended axle shafts, tie rod ends
Moog Titan LCA's
1.5" rear wheel spacers
Installed extra leafs in rear pack
Installed 1" coilover spacer
NissTec adjustable shackles

Armor:
Shrockworks front bumper w/ rad skid (Prius Plow)
ChefNate rear bumper w/ tire & HiLift carrier
NXRocks skid plates - full set
Hefty sliders
Ballistic Fab diff cover

Performance:
Volant CAI (non-powercore)
Bully Dog GT tuner

Interior:
Nissan OEM/Yakima internal bike rack
Raingler mini roof net, barrier net and handles

Exterior:
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 285/75R16's
InSain Fab "Shadow" aluminum roof rack
Gobi ladder
Stubby antenna

Electrical:
Light Warehouse 40" LED light bar on roof rack
Totron 20" LED on front bumper
OTRATTW Zombie Lights switch
CB: Cobra 75 WX ST with 4' Firestik and side bumper mount

Misc:
Removed rear sway bar
Blacked out grille (swapped in from my '05)
Smitty 10lb Power tank
NATO gas cans

Horsepower/Speed Enhancements:
Prius Plow sticker in mirrored font on the bumper bull bar. I want to make sure they read it in their rearview mirror.
Mandalorian logos
Various adhesive HP boosters

Comments:
I traded in the 2005 S in August 2013 for a brand new 2013 Pro4X with manual transmission. I had heavily modded the '05 but was concerned about putting more money into it with its age. After weighing options for regearing, air lockers, etc - the money was better spent on a nice down payment for the new truck with the e-locker, 3.69 gears, manual tranny, creature comforts and newness! I brought over my Shrock front bumper, Chef Nate rear bumper, NXRocks skids, Gobi Stealth roof rack, Volant CAI, BullyDog tuner and Cobra 75XL CB plus added the NissTec suspension and Nitto Trail Grapplers to go big. I had hoped to not need to BL this truck and I got what I wished for. I barely fit in the garage (<0.5" of clearance). I am now 0.5" taller than the original Prius Plow without a BL!
I have had some run-in's with Prius' so I named the '05 the Prius Plow. In honor of her and to carry on the Prius-hating tradition, the new truck is officially dubbed Prius Plow 2!

UPDATE 7/26/14: Prius Plow 2.5
Tipped over the truck May 23rd at GoneMoab. Finally got back the X from the body shop and installed an InSain Fab aluminum roof rack with 40" LED light bar today!
August '14: Titan swapped!

Upcoming mods:
Snorkel
Titan swap??? DONE! 8/23/14
Side mounted machine guns???
???
Diff breather

Photos:

All better

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Nice rig. Ive allways liked the 05-08 grill better.

If you dont mind me asking what tune, octane, and timing are you running on the bully dog gt ? I have one now and want to get everyones opinion on what works best.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice rig. Ive allways liked the 05-08 grill better.

If you dont mind me asking what tune, octane, and timing are you running on the bully dog gt ? I have one now and want to get everyones opinion on what works best.
Good eye. Yes, I brought the '05 grill over with me. The '13 grill would have had to be trimmed to clear the winch.
I run the mid-grade tune with 87 grade fuel. Nice trade off for economy and performance.

·
Registered
132 Posts
so the west has 2013 pro4x manuals? very nice, we couldn't even place an order for them on the east coast at my dealership until this month...and it's still gonna be 90 days to get any manuals. nice loooking rig

·
Registered
762 Posts
sweet looking rig! Nice that all of your parts can transfer over. Sure makes the transition into a new ride that much easier! Hey I am new into the X scene and live in Denver too. I am slowly building up my rig, just put a Hefty bumper on order, as well as a gobi rack. I have a Kuat basket already that I transferred over from my old vehicle. Soon I will be working over my suspension and getting some tires when the budget allows. Are there any places or groups you suggest rolling with that a newbie can roll with? I used to be heavy into the desert off road scene but new to the 4X4 scene so I am not starting fresh on my off road driving skills.

·
Registered
482 Posts
JackAttack13 - keep an eye on the Mountain forum for posts on trail runs. We have an awesome group of people who try to get out in our beautiful mountains regularly during our (too short) summer wheeling season. Hope to see you around!

·
Registered
762 Posts
I will do for sure. I am out of country for the next month or so on business right now, but will be ready to go once the wheeling season picks up. How late in the year do you guys hit the trails?

·
Registered
482 Posts
It all depends on the snow. Some trails at lower elevations are open year-round, but there's very few of them. We're usually lucky to get past Halloween up high in the Rockies, but we do have fun with snow runs on an easy trail in the springtime.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Mark, thanks for answering for the Colorado crew. Shows everyone how cool the guys and gals are around here!
There are many, many trails that can be run stock. We welcome everyone and have a great time hanging out!
SWEET! I look forward to meeting some new people and having a good time on the trails.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts