Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a day trip down to Slade Ky on 11/28 looking to see if anyone wants to go?

Trying to get a few guys from our local off road club to go, a few of them know the area really well.

I posted this also in Ohio region section also, so ill keep an eye on both posts.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I always wondered what in the world the deal was with all the Jeeps throughout Slade in the spring/fall traveling to Buckhorn and Hazard where I have family.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any pics???
Wasent really able to get any pics myself, I know i can pull a few others took off face book.

It was rather wet and washed out, and rained half the time we were there. Honestly i think it was a bit sketchy for everyone but the Jeeps on 35s+ and 6" lift. One guy with a super modded jeep almost slide off an embankment.

We got a little side scrape damage and busted a mirror and I'm really amazed thats all we got. Seems like every time we go we are in over our heads but come out alright.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
All taken by other people in the group. The guy in the stock white rubi was cool as hell and hung with the guys from our club. Still amazes me what stock trucks are capable of. The jeep people still have no idea what to make of us.

After this trip I think Mrs. Unseen and I are good for the year for wheeling. Im really happy we only had the few scrapes and the mirror could have been a lot worse. Lower driver ball joint finally went, think this trip is what did it and i have something going on with my breaks. I cant find any mechanical reason as to why so Im guessing its electrical, VDC and Slip light come on when the pedal is almost at the floor and the pedal feels less firm, I hope its something stupid like a wheel sensor that went bad from all the water.

The river again, snorkel worked, air box was dry.

Was a bit slick out

All 5 of us in the "hard" group had to get winched across this quagmire

At the cave

We only found out about this till we were back in the rest stop and airing up. Seems the dude just compleatly missed the line on the little wash and got pushed to the edge. Had the leave it there over night after 2 hours of trying, they got it out ok the next day though.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can't see the pics since they are hosted on FB and I'm at work, but will check them out when I get home to see what all you got into :)
pics dont show much of anything spectacular, everyone in the group/s was too busy driving to take pics of the gnarly stuff if that gives you any indication lol

·
Registered
366 Posts
@Un4seen4 I am interested in finding out more about wheeling down there. Any tips of camping spots, do's, don'ts etc.. Any place to buy trail maps? Are parts of trails still closed? Anything helps. Thank you!

·
Registered
366 Posts
That really seems to be an on road experience. A few of my friends wouldn't want much do to with that as they don't have license plates on their rigs. Maybe something to keep in mind for the tow rig if we down a trail truck.

All of his marked areas around Slade even have houses on the roads. :lol:

I'm more interested in trails with mud, rocks, danger, and caves. Specifically in the Slade area.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That really seems to be an on road experience. A few of my friends wouldn't want much do to with that as they don't have license plates on their rigs. Maybe something to keep in mind for the tow rig if we down a trail truck.

All of his marked areas around Slade even have houses on the roads. :lol:

I'm more interested in trails with mud, rocks, danger, and caves. Specifically in the Slade area.
Many of the trails that I have been on and know of down in Slade are un-maintained county roads. The club Mrs. Unseen and I belong to is heavily involved with the Slade/Natural Bridge area.

Aaron our club president knows way more of whats going on and what is down there than I ever will. Send him a message on FB and join the club and i know hed be glad to give more info. https://www.facebook.com/groups/OhioRiverFourWheelers/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts