Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have an issue with their XM? I have a 2011 pro model and the stereo skips over a lot of the XM stations like they aren't even there. When I had a rental Xterra it was the same way. Is there a hidden setting that hocks out some of the stations? I have XM in my Acura and it receives every station no problem..

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have this impression, too, in a new Jeep that came with a year's subscription: there aren't as many choices as there were a year ago in my Pro-4x with its (month-long) subscription. Maybe they're cutting back for financial reasons; maybe they've instituted levels of service (price) for their subscriptions. HPH

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Not sure if it's different for used cars, but when I got mine in July, it was 3 months, mine expires on Friday, and so far I still have all my channels.

Unless they have some kind of CPO deal, it is different. You shouldn't have anything other than any remainder of the free trial. The Previous owner may have forgot to turn it off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which stations is it skipping?
I don't have exact lists, but I know I'm missing a few of the rock category stations, channel 52 which is EDM etc. I compare it to my Acura and I pay for the same exact package but don't receive all of the channels. Found it odd since when I had a rental Xterra a few months ago, it was also missing stations..

·
on line
1,113 Posts
i don't have Sirius/XM from the factory but I do have a starmate4 receiver and I've noticed the same thing.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Wonder if it is dependent on if you started with Sirus or XM when they were different companies. I know that some were on one and not on the other when they merged. When checking channel line ups they still ask if you have a sirus or xm radio. Also, the 2 radios use different sets of satellites that travel in different orbits, I think one goes up and down north america while the other goes east to west. Sirus usually had better reception in streets with high buildings. So you may want to compare the 3 lineups as there is now Sirus, XM and SirusXM lineups listed, but I am too lazy to try and compare them all on a 12 inch screen.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wonder if it is dependent on if you started with Sirus or XM when they were different companies. I know that some were on one and not on the other when they merged. When checking channel line ups they still ask if you have a sirus or xm radio. Also, the 2 radios use different sets of satellites that travel in different orbits, I think one goes up and down north america while the other goes east to west. Sirus usually had better reception in streets with high buildings. So you may want to compare the 3 lineups as there is now Sirus, XM and SirusXM lineups listed, but I am too lazy to try and compare them all on a 12 inch screen.
Hmmm, good point. Wonder if the Xterra has a different receiver in it. Just find it so odd because my 08' Acura has all the stations and I'm on the same account.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
The factory units are specifically XM They still have separate packages and satellites for Sirius and XM.

XM has 3 channel Packages now. The lowest, Mostly Music has 80 channels with music and some news. The middle, XM Select, has all from the lowest plus more news and talk channels, comedy, and some sports. You can add internet streaming for $4 (used to be free). Highest, All Access, includes middle, more sports, Howard Stern and internet listening.

Maybe you got switched to the lower package? See if channel 99 comes in, if not then you got the lower one.

You can print out the channel guide here http://www.siriusxm.com/sxm/pdf/xm/channelguide.pdf

Unfortunately I could not find a chart showing what channels are in which package.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The factory units are specifically XM They still have separate packages and satellites for Sirius and XM.

XM has 3 channel Packages now. The lowest, Mostly Music has 80 channels with music and some news. The middle, XM Select, has all from the lowest plus more news and talk channels, comedy, and some sports. You can add internet streaming for $4 (used to be free). Highest, All Access, includes middle, more sports, Howard Stern and internet listening.

Maybe you got switched to the lower package? See if channel 99 comes in, if not then you got the lower one.

You can print out the channel guide here http://www.siriusxm.com/sxm/pdf/xm/channelguide.pdf

Unfortunately I could not find a chart showing what channels are in which package.
Edit: I do infact have channel 99. This is bizarre! Guess a call to XM tomorrow will do.. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts