Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else has Sirius in their 2005 X?? I have the non-Rockford radio and was wondering how anyone else's Sirius sounded. Mine sounds good but not 100% great - there is some background noise while using the wireless transmitter. Any other suggestions to get rid of this background noise?? thanks

·
on line
559 Posts
i have Sirius, but I also have a aftermarket headunit so I can directly attach the tuner. I don't remember if I read it here, but if there was a way connect to the CD changer of the non-RF headunit. Search around.

If changing the headunit (even to a cheapy one) is an option, I would go for that.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
they make fm transmitters that directly wire into your antenna cable giving better reception. However they are around $50, but some decent head units are around $150 and you can hard wire them in and have a lot more options.

·
on line
564 Posts
I've used my Sirius receiver/transmitter on 4 different vehicles and all of them had a clear signal. Sometimes I had to find an unused FM frequency though.

Rob

·
on line
355 Posts
i added the OEM SIRIUS and it taps in directly to the rockford unit. Aftermarket wont be quite as easy. But you can always use your stock head units external connection to get a direction connection. this can be used for a CD changer, OR sirius, but not both.

·
on line
47 Posts
My wife wanted Sirius in the X and was also looking for an Ipod so I got her the Sirius Stiletto 100 and SLV1 accessory car kit which took care of both "wants". She can download music onto it, listen to satellite in the car, and also take it into the gym w/ her to listin to live satellite or her downloaded songs. I know many recommend putting the antenna in the front but I put it on the top in the back just before the tailgate, out of sight. I ran the wire in through the grommet w/ the tube for the rear washer nozzle comes in (had to take it apart to get the antenna plug through, wish I had taken pics). I then ran the wire in thriugh the headliner, over near the rear dirver's side door, down near the door latch, then under the weatherstripping by the sill plates, back up behind the pedals and mounted the dock next to the 4wd switch. She can control it easily w/ her right hand w/o interfering w/ her right knee, steering wheel, nor her shifting. We have the non-RF factory HU so I used the same Sirius direct wire FM module someone above mentioned and it comes in clear. Only thing is that w/ the Stiletto on, if I change the radio to hear a regular over the air station, some of them come in w/ lots of static, if at all, until I turn the unit off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts