Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to thank this forum for the initial info I dug up.

I have an 06 OR with Rockford Fosgate stereo, but no Sirius receiver. The dealership wanted $750 to add a Sirius receiver to my stereo ([email protected]#$#@), which I refused, so I bought the Stratus 4 receiver.

Based on the info here, I purchased the PAC AAI-NIS2 from Amazon ($80 shipped) and had it installed professionally (details below). Everything now works extremely well, and there are no exposed wires anywhere in the cabin.

Installation details: they installed the AAI-NIS2 and the cable that connects it to the receiver, mounted my Sirius receiver very nicely, hardwired the receiver to a power source (it turns on and off with the car), installed my antenna just above the windshield, and added an extra auxiliary input in the glove box. All this was $156 including tax.

Just wanted to share, hoping it might help someone.

·
on line
564 Posts
Pics? And who did the install?

Rob

·
on line
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics and more

So, I had this installed at:

Music Systems
4021 N Mesa St
El Paso, TX 79902
(915) 544-4800

I will now try to upload two photos, one of the antenna on the roof, and the other of the satellite receiver. They screwed the receiver holder just above the bottom tray, so we can still use the tray. All the cables go directly behind the instrument panel, so it's a very clean install.

I hope this helps.[/img]

·
on line
1,420 Posts
cool! pic request of extra auxiliary input in the glove box???

i have the same pac device in my Z and love it....no problems for at least a year now.....

-j

·
on line
135 Posts
The install is a joke too. The factory receiver and plate mounts to the inside left of the drivers side kick area. All the cables are there to simply plug in. All you have to do is pull the handle and plastic cover from the A pillar and route the antenna down to the receiver. You stick the antenna to center of the window, just above the rear view mirror and you are done. If the real work take more than 30 minutes that would be alot. You spend more time just looking and eyeing things up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts