Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Forgive me if this have been covered already.
I installed KC under hood lighting in my 2010 Off-road. Steps: Removed under hood insulation, cut holes in insulation for lights, Wired and mounted switch right next to washer fluid filler. (mounted Lights by drilling holes in hood support and using provided screws) Lights are BRIGHT!

lights, screws, waterproof switch, wiring, loom, zip ties all come w\ kit below.

Lights are a great kit!

i'm working on adding a video

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Pro-4X
117 Posts
Forgive me if this have been covered already.
I installed KC under hood lighting in my 2010 Off-road. Steps: Removed under hood insulation, cut holes in insulation for lights, Wired and mounted switch right next to washer fluid filler. (mounted Lights by drilling holes in hood support and using provided screws) Lights are BRIGHT!

lights, screws, waterproof switch, wiring, loom, zip ties all come w\ kit below.

Lights are a great kit!

i'm working on adding a video
Looks good! Ry the Car Guy just did a video on the same install. Thinking I may do this at some point too.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks good! Ry the Car Guy just did a video on the same install. Thinking I may do this at some point too.
Yep. I should give Ry props. Got idea from him. Works great! Easy install. I actually bought lights using his link.

Reactions: BKCTX

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Wow that's a bit pricey but they sure are bright. I was going to go with the LED strips I see on Amazon. Seen ppl use those too and are a bit cheaper. Wonder how long they'll last tho.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow that's a bit pricey but they sure are bright. I was going to go with the LED strips I see on Amazon. Seen ppl use those too and are a bit cheaper. Wonder how long they'll last tho.
These are built very well and have everything you need. I thought the price was great for a good set. I didnt want to have to mess with in the near future.

·
Registered
501 Posts
NICE!

·
TNX Veteran
4,094 Posts
I like the idea. I also wonder if the switch/wiring is unnecessary complication. Feels to me that you could get some battery powered LED lights (with hours of runtime) that do the same thing. Hopefully these aren't being used super frequently, and if then you would only have to charge them once or twice a year.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the idea. I also wonder if the switch/wiring is unnecessary complication. Feels to me that you could get some battery powered LED lights (with hours of runtime) that do the same thing. Hopefully these aren't being used super frequently, and if then you would only have to charge them once or twice a year.
I looked into battery but for the price this was a no brainer to me. The OLD downside I see with wired is if your battery is dead but I know we all still carry multiple LED lights. :) The wiring was very simple and the lights are RUGGED. As much as I like the battery lights they aren't really comparable... sufficient probably but we all like to go more than sufficient. LOL! I know one thing...wired, battery, crank, or whatever there needs to be some type of light under there that doesn't risk falling off into the motor.
Grip it and rip it my friends!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts