Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
No. And actually the caliper design is pretty nice. Shocked it would have seized.

How many miles on your X?

·
on line
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
28,000 miles. I think I will just replace it myself. The Stealer cant fit me in until next week and I am sure my lift will void the warranty again :geek: I am curious to see what is going on. But the caliper is rubbing on the rotor. Never seen that before. Checked the other side and the brake pads have a lot of life left.

·
on line
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer. 291.00 at the stealer, cant get one for awhile. No after market yet. Since I have to wait, I guess I will tow it in to the stealer on Tuesday, the first opening. Whats another couple of weeks after it sat for 6 months of the 2 years I have owned it. If they deny the claim due to tires, lift , brush shields, air compressor or air freshener...then I will just add it to the lawsuit and take you up on those used Calipers.

·
on line
735 Posts
I'd keep your blood pressure down and just get the caliper.. install and get on with things. Your time is worth more than a lost day at the dealer plus a tow. Strange that you lost a caliper, but things happen I guess.

·
on line
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Follow up. Took it to a new Stealer. Despite being fairy rude on the phone they quickly figured out the problem is the axle sticking out a 1/2" too far, and asked right away if I had work done. I said yes, and they said something must be wrong with the bearings, causing the axle to slide out. They know its off due to the wheel speed sensor spacing. They DID NOT charge me a freakin diagnostic fee, and I thanked them and told them that alone gets my business.(Melloy Nissan Q)

So back to the shop that did the Tru Trac install and see what went wrong. I hope its not a compatibility issue of the Titan unit :colors: But, I think its something else...if the axle was too long it would not have bolted up in the first place.

Its funny also as the truck was fine for a couple of weeks before brake problems showed up.

·
on line
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BoonDox said:
Well just happen i have a set of calipers w/pads & rotors. They are laying around at my brothers place not getting used. If need be shoot me a pm.
The wheel bearings being toasted twice took out the wheel speed sensor. You dont have those around you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts