Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I am looking to buy some Side Window Deflectors for my truck... and I see that they make them where you mount them inside of the window trim and some that you glue with 3M tape on the outside..
what do you think guys is better ? what do you guys use ? and any suggestions on what bran to get ?

Thank you

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
i have never seen or heard of inside mounted window deflectors.

edit nevermind i re read you post and think i misunderstood.

my wifes tacoma has some of the double sided tape on kind, they have started to come off, though i think that is because we had the truck painted and when they re installed them they didnt do a very good job.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have had the tape on ones for 3 years+ on the Xterra and they are fine, my Ranger had the inside window ones and no problems
I think it comes down to weather you do a lot of off road narrow trails with brush, then i would go with the inside the window ones
The stick on ones are fine for normal trails were the brush will not try to rip them off

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good points there..
I think I'll go with inside window .. just need to find good once that won't brake my piggybank lol

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Stock ones glued to paint. I would never use that kind. Too short, bulky design.
Weathertechs are in channel. Later years like my 2015 didn’t have have room and window would get stuck (2007 was always fine). I taped them to rubber around the windows, all 4, and had no issues for 3-7 years (7 years for fro to) Even with a rubber spacer on the back
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire

Rubber spacer fills the gap
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tail & brake light Mode of transport

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys so much for replays
wow AVS only $50 for full set vs $100 from Weathertech I think its a good deal and should work just fine right

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've had the AVS in-channel on previous vehicles before and liked them. But my X has the OEM Nissan ones and I largely prefer them for how big they are but also how factory they look.

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had the AVS in-channel on previous vehicles before and liked them. But my X has the OEM Nissan ones and I largely prefer them for how big they are but also how factory they look.
Oh yeah... ? they are bigger ? where did you get them ? at Nissan dealer ?

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
1,441 Posts
I have the big OEM’s on my ‘06 and the AVS in channels on my 2010.

I like the AVS best.

If you do get in channel ones make sure to clean the window tracks/gaskets real good and sand down the lip/edges of the visors a bit before you install them.
A warm day (lol) is best. Leave your windows closed for a few days so the tape really sets tight.
Take your time. Do the back ones first to get a feel for the process, as they are smaller.

Regardless of whatever style you get you’ll love em.

Reactions: BRATCAT
1 - 14 of 14 Posts